WRX versus 2002 Eclipse? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on WRX versus 2002 Eclipse? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; LOL... Driving an eclipse is like dating a fat chick... if you like her, who cares that she sucks....

LOL... Driving an eclipse is like dating a fat chick... if you like her, who cares that she sucks.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well where I work now, one dude drives a 3g eclipse, it is a GS. And he is a total flamer, case closed.
    -Andrew

I don't know how I would fair against that sexy 3g in my shopping cart with the non-functional rear spoiler.

I have been doing some digging on 3g forums.

"Hey, this may be a first. A thread of folks who are happy with their 3G! Nobody *****ing that its slow or that its a piece of sh*t. HMMM. there must be something wrong with us."

"know everyone complains about our car's lack of power, our doors collecting water like buckets, or our sunroofs being pieces of sh*t, but my biggest complaint and the thing that pisses me off more than anything, OUR U-TURN RADIUS SUCKS."

then later...

"You have a GT with a 40' turning radius. You should trade it for a RS with ~35.4' radius.

"btw.. I think 40' is about the same as a Navigator ;p"

"I am almost positive the stock gsx rims are 25 pounds. So that would make the tires 23 pounds."

No wonder everyone complains they are slow. A lot of people go for lighter tires/wheels to get quicker. How much power do they have?

203.27 hp / 205.1 TQ
    AEM CAI
    Dual exhaust
    AMSS headers
    UR crank pulley
    Apex S-AFC(tune to 13:1 ratio)
    PSI Motorsports
    Mustang dyno
    2001 GT 5 spd, Sun and Sound

others had 170 hp or less at the front wheels. NARF.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    I have been doing some digging on 3g forums.

"Hey, this may be a first. A thread of folks who are happy with their 3G! Nobody *****ing that its slow or that its a piece of sh*t. HMMM. there must be something wrong with us."

"know everyone complains about our car's lack of power, our doors collecting water like buckets, or our sunroofs being pieces of sh*t, but my biggest complaint and the thing that pisses me off more than anything, OUR U-TURN RADIUS SUCKS."

then later...

"You have a GT with a 40' turning radius. You should trade it for a RS with ~35.4' radius.

"btw.. I think 40' is about the same as a Navigator ;p"

"I am almost positive the stock gsx rims are 25 pounds. So that would make the tires 23 pounds."

No wonder everyone complains they are slow. A lot of people go for lighter tires/wheels to get quicker. How much power do they have?

203.27 hp / 205.1 TQ
    AEM CAI
    Dual exhaust
    AMSS headers
    UR crank pulley
    Apex S-AFC(tune to 13:1 ratio)
    PSI Motorsports
    Mustang dyno
    2001 GT 5 spd, Sun and Sound

others had 170 hp or less at the front wheels. NARF.

Least they like them. But I find it funny that they complain about the car since they like the Mitsu 3g the way they do. All I can say is give me Rex any day over a 3g.

Like i posted earlier.........that RIPPS SC is the ****.

As far as the car being a chicks car.....ya great....matter of opinion i guess.

I had one with intake, headers and exhaust. It was still a turd.

Only thing i miss about the car was my sunroof. Damn i want my sunroof back. WRX is a far superior car to the 3g.

You go up against a 3g with Ripps....you better have more than a turboback and a ECU flash.

Hey. put a fast and furious sticker on that 3g Eclipse, make sure its a convertible and nos the living sh1+ out of it and it can beat mustangs that get run over by huge mac trucks with trailers. It even keeps up with a highly modded EvoVII with yellow paint. Hey maybe i'll pick up one tomorrow.

Lets see. Watch out for those 3g eclipses w/ $5000 ripp supercharger package putting down.....oooh, 247 whp 220 wtq.

Watch out for stage IV wrxs running VF34 and FMIC making 300 awhp and weighing 200 lbs less. There are a lot more of those then RIPP 3Gs.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah

Watch out for stage IV wrxs running VF34 and FMIC making 300 awhp
    Originally posted by skyjock41
    You go up against a 3g with Ripps....you better have more than a turboback and a ECU flash.
    Thanks for reiterating my point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.