WRX versus 2002 Eclipse? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX versus 2002 Eclipse? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No was 5 speed 92 Octane. Yes it was a little dissapointing. Have a Uniden GPS radar detector with avg. ...

No was 5 speed 92 Octane. Yes it was a little dissapointing. Have a Uniden GPS radar detector with avg. top speed readout. On the stage 2 - Unichip. catless, man. boost I got to 140 as it had enough hp for 5th gear to work. haven't tried w/mods I now have at 256whp. The stock wrw wagon sits up pretty high like a pickup, untill I put the Tiens on.
    Mods

1969 Sunbeam Tiger
    1973 Norton Commando w/combat engine.
    1983 V65 Magna
    1992 Laser

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got an 02 wagon, i've been up to 120mph, didn't go any higher because of 2 things... 1: my window started making a really funny sound and 2: ran out of road... but i had plenty of power left in it to hit higher

I hit 145 in my stock 2g dsm with NO mods,, they have a good top speed, and awd is awesome...

i was scared out of my mind, because if i even moved the wheel a little bit , i was a greasy spot on the road...

I know my laser was 1st gen. no mods. They go where you point. But it kind of hugged the road at high speed. To bad they went to the 6cyl. 2002 Eclipse? They kind of turned it into a family / sports car.

Heck my 1982, 115hp, Honda, will outrun my wrx.

It's a V65 Magna. Supposed to do 0-60 2.4 sec. . Not w/me on it.
    140 on that / well --- is moving.
    Last edited by madmanx; 04-01-2004 at 10:52 AM.
    Mods

1969 Sunbeam Tiger
    1983 V65 Magna
    1992 Laser

I have no doubt I could hit 150 no problem right now but my tires suck so it would be dangerous. W/ prodrive springs I really stick to the road. Oh, and I would definately want to dial my rear sway back to the neutral setting for a high speed run.

I've done 130 in 5th, very stable and pulling strong when I let off at around 5000 rpm.
    Last edited by keystah; 04-01-2004 at 02:57 PM.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Had my '95 TSi up to just a shade over 145 but it took a while to get there. I pretty much got my butt handed to me by all WRX's before I got rid of it and bought a scoobie myself! The TSi was fast but no where near as much fun or as fast as the WRX.

I heard of someone that has a cobb stage 2 run one from a 65ish roll both times that person was waaayyy ahead by the top of 3rd.
    I err.. I mean my friend let them get a little jump the second time but still it wasn't even close.
    They video taped it but I doubt it will end up anywhere, if it does they better erase my oops...his licenses plate #.

Yikes
    150 in a wagon. I asked a raquetball buddy of mine who is an engineer SCCA (whatever) autocross racer. Whats up w/wrx hitting the wall at 125? He said / wish I could quote, "Resistance = hp+mass x( surface area, to the third). In essence as a car like the wrx w/large surface area + drag from boxed rear end., requires say 205hp to get to 120 but at that speed the hp to get above the critical resistance. Say 205hp at 120mph would be 250 to get to 135mph. After the wrx wagon builds up air resistance it is not only a matter of slicing through air like a more streamlined car. I know my driver side window started shaking at 140mph also. I'll try getting to 150 w/266whp, one of these nights. But you know the wrx wagon is not exactly bullet shaped, and is a lot of turbulance going on at that speed.
    I say first person to post 150mph in a wrx wagon gets a prize of some sort.
    Personally. (I think) 150 is safer on my V65. My Metzler tires are at least gauranteed to 160mph.
    How about 130 w/a sea kayak on top. Is 19' long and only 22" wide. We need a sponsor.
    Mods

1969 Sunbeam Tiger
    1983 V65 Magna
    1992 Laser

Originally posted by madmanx

Yea... the wreckless idiot award. assuming you are doing this on a public highway.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

I have a wrx with a downpipe and turbo back and i smoke my friends v6 3g all the time. He has just an intake but he cant hang.
    Justin
    2003 Sonic Yellow
    NOT STOCK ANYMORE!!

Interesting comment everyone, thank you. Oh, and I used to think that the stock spoiler on the sedan was dumb but now I'm starting to think its pretty effective at 100+ mph. And I should also add that I very rarely exceed 100 mph.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by madmanx
    Hey madmanx... i found the award for the first person to hit 150 on a public street!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brass_monkey_****tard2.jpg  
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

My wife owns one, I have even been witnessed driving it. It can beat an RSX-S, but not a WRX generally. Unless you suck at driving.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by JrG18m
    I have a wrx with a downpipe and turbo back and i smoke my friends v6 3g all the time. He has just an intake but he cant hang.
    I would have to say a completly stock wrx could beat a v6 3g w/out to much problem. Def from a stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.