Should my bro get an Sti, G35 or TL??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Should my bro get an Sti, G35 or TL?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My brother has finally narrowed it down to these three cars. Although, they are all pretty much in different categories, ...

Question Should my bro get an Sti, G35 or TL??

My brother has finally narrowed it down to these three cars. Although, they are all pretty much in different categories, which one would you advice him to get.
    "IN A WORLD FULL OF FOLLOWERS, DARE TO BE A LEADER!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    it really depends on what he wants to use the car for. If he plans on modding it, and if he plans on racing it.

The G35 and TL would be great if he wants it for a daily driver. The STi would work also, however, since the STi is more of a performance oriented car, he wouldn't get the luxury of say the G35.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

If you asked the same question on three different message boards:

Subaru Board answer is STi.
    Infiniti Board answer is G35.
    Acura Board answer is TL.

And without knowing anything about your brother's preferences, needs, and driving style, there's no way to get a good answer to your question. Each of the above cars is a better vehicle than the other for a specific type of driver.

This is like your brother asking you to poll a group of strangers to pick out the type of woman he should marry. He's just got to do it himself.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

the G35 is a sweet automobile. I would go that route if he is going to be driving more then couple hundred miles a week. it is still fast enough to satisfy most people but also very comfortable inside. plus it comes with a radio and leather.

First he has to pick what he wants more performance or luxury. If performance is what he wants then the STI. If its luxury he wants, he has to decide wether he want 2 or 4 doors. They are all sweet rides, i would pick the STI.

thanks for your responses.. guys! He wants a car that is luxurious, and pretty fast, so it's pretty much b/w a G35 and TL... out of those two, which one would you guys pick?

Between the G35 and TL, the G35 without even a second thought! It's a nice car but after riding in one (my co-worker has a brand new one), they seem kinda cheap inside and remind me too much of the Accord. Bleh to the TL!

Well I would(and did pick) the STi. The G35 is a sweet looking car and as the others said if he's going to be driving a lot then you want more of a comfort car. I'm thinking I'm almost ready for a kidney transplant with how the STi handles. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My brother just got a 6-spd G35C. It's a great car for him; he's not an all out performance guy like myself and would never drive an STi or EVO. The G looks amazing, and has very decent performance. For somebody who has no interest in modding etc, I think he made the right choice, and it would be my choice too if I were him. Plus girls actually think his car is hot, they basically ignore mine

Day we picked it up!

-Michael

Yeah, the sad thing is... girls do like cars that have Infiniti symbols on it, more than a car that has a subaru symbol. don't ya think?

Originally posted by WRXSTIRULes
    Yeah, the sad thing is... girls do like cars that have Infiniti symbols on it, more than a car that has a subaru symbol. don't ya think?
    But what if you have the Subaru Impreza "i" on it? Is that better?

From experience not really...

I dunno. My STi definitly turns the girls heads. They def. seem to like it. So I'm not going to complain.

depends what he wants. if he wants pure speed and brute sport, than get the sti.

i wouldnt consider a g35 sedan, only a coupe.

the coupe is faster and IMO nicer than the TL in pretty much all aspects except its a 2door.

if he needs a 4door or wants it, go for the TL, they are great motors, acura reliability, and resale value, and looks like a bmw while having a nice 6speed quick car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

g35 or sti. as much as I hate to say it, i'd take the g35 over the sti.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

comeon guys, do you really think 90 % of the women out there could tell the model or brand of a vehicle by looking at it. answer=no. Most guys cant look at the subaru symbol and figure that out. They think it's an australian flag or something. And if they know its subaru, they think it's built in australia ! I would never decide my purchase based on what a "girl/woman" thinks of my car. It's how I feel, and I want the best, and I don't want to have to see MY car 10 times a day with other people driving the same vehicle. i'm lucky to see any wrx once a week, and im in a big city. Buy the G35, I don't want to see more rex's on the road, we enjoy keeping it out of the "bandwagon" status. Thank god, hope this helps,.... ahha

P.S.-- A true subaru fanatic wouldn't question another vehicle over an sti, there would be no debate. Especially the vehicles you talkin bout.
    Last edited by tytlyf; 03-31-2004 at 04:40 PM.
    '00 2.5RS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast