Should my bro get an Sti, G35 or TL?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Should my bro get an Sti, G35 or TL?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend have the RX-8, when we go out together , most people look at his car more than my ...

My friend have the RX-8, when we go out together , most people look at his car more than my STI. I agree that the RX-8 it look more sporty and expensive, but if people know what is STI then they will just say that they take the STI instead of RX-8.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's why subaru is like no other, very unique and under the radar. Let people buy what "others" have. I have always lived my life not trying to be like others, but be myself. One reason why i purchased my wrx in '02. Key buying points? = hardly any on the streets, excellent performance, excellent reliability, great company, and a wolf in sheeps clothing. I hope people still look at our cars and say, "what is that?" Cause you can pull up on a G35, a RX8, a stang, almost anything in an sti, and leave the people (and the girlfriend in the passenger seat) EMBARRASED>
    If anyone asks me what to buy, i will always say something besides a rex, not cause i don't like it, I just like it too much to see everyone driving them.
    '00 2.5RS

short-run fun = STi
    long-run = G35

TL's cool, but it's still FWD.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

someone bought a chokes-wagon, hmm, and the flower type. Umm. nuff said. mercedes, ok, chokes-wagon, no-way. Tell me it's your girlfriends, or maybe boyfriends ? that sux......
    '00 2.5RS

I would take the G35 over the TL. Its a very nice car with good performance.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

get a bimmer

i think if the TL was RWD it would be the best choice. I just love the new looks, so sleek, like a bmw....

but since its FWD with massive torque steer, the G35c is the clear winner here IMO. sport, and luxurey. not to mention incredibly sexy looks
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by tytlyf
    someone bought a chokes-wagon, hmm, and the flower type. Umm. nuff said. mercedes, ok, chokes-wagon, no-way. Tell me it's your girlfriends, or maybe boyfriends ? that sux......
    I'm sorry if my little MB upsets you but I'm pretty sure you'll be the one choking vs mine...unless you have the STi's power.
    Last edited by FrankW; 04-01-2004 at 12:18 AM.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Not to be a d1ck or anything, but if hes even considering the G35, or TL, then the STi is probably out of his 'car-knowledge-ballpark' and he wont be racing it, and shouldnt be modding it. What I mean is that the reason the STi in the price class it is is because its fast, not by any means becasue of its 'build quality' or any crap like that. But both the other cars listed are designed as pseudo-fast luxery type cars.

Of the 2 choices, I would say G35. Nice car, has some power, and youll feel like it was worth what it cost.
    Last edited by CKxx; 04-01-2004 at 06:13 AM.

I've driven all 3 cars(this week) and it really depends on what your bro likes

if he's after performance, the sti is the only way to go.

the g35 sedan didn't do much for me....the interior feels very cheap compared to the TL, and the navigation cant compare to the TL, but it is RWD

I'm buying a TL tomorrow because I value the comfort and gadgets above the performance of my '02 WRX....

Your bro could wait for the 05 legacy..which is pretty sweet from the pics.

Originally posted by CKxx
    Not to be a d1ck or anything, but if hes even considering the G35, or TL, then the STi is probably out of his 'car-knowledge-ballpark' and he wont be racing it, and shouldnt be modding it. What I mean is that the reason the STi in the price class it is is because its fast, not by any means becasue of its 'build quality' or any crap like that. But both the other cars listed are designed as pseudo-fast luxery type cars.

Of the 2 choices, I would say G35. Nice car, has some power, and youll feel like it was worth what it cost.
    i would have to disagree.. just because he considering the other 2 does not mean that he is unknowledable about a performance car such as the sti. Personally, I like refinment and perfomance in 1 package. I would buy a G35c anyday, and if i had the money that would be my car right now. but even though i would want a g35c i still have vast knowledge of many other cars, especially performance cars.. some people just want the best of both worlds.

G35c > tl,sti
    i dont think the sedan is all that nice.. the 6speed coupe vs sedan are completely different cars imo
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    i think if the TL was RWD it would be the best choice. I just love the new looks, so sleek, like a bmw....

but since its FWD with massive torque steer, the G35c is the clear winner here IMO. sport, and luxurey. not to mention incredibly sexy looks
    What he said ^^^
    2003 Sedona Red WRX

i am looking into getting a black g35c and putting in the greddy twin turbo kit.....low to mid 12's........goodbye warrenty
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Graph Performance/Luxury

Performance_________________________________Luxury
    <------------------------------------------------------>

STI................................G35............ ...................TL
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

Originally posted by STiguy
    i am looking into getting a black g35c and putting in the greddy twin turbo kit.....low to mid 12's........goodbye warrenty
    Stop putting ideas in my head!!!!!!
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast