Why is it that Evo's are selling?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why is it that Evo's are selling? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more ...

Wink Why is it that Evo's are selling?

Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks!
    "IN A WORLD FULL OF FOLLOWERS, DARE TO BE A LEADER!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Why is it that Evo's are selling?

Originally posted by WRXSTIRULes
    Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks!
    first off the evo is about 3 grand cheaper. and mitsubishi is more of a "known" comany than subaru. mitsubishi's engines are known to be bad ass, and they also offer a better warranty.

evo is also easier to get. atleast around here. there are more forsale of the evo than the sti. plus from what i hear, you cant really tell how much faster the sti is than the evo. you feel the torque but not much else over the evo. but you can tell a differnce in the way the evo handles over the sti.

also, if your not sure you can afford an STI, you can always get a wrx, which is still an awesome car that sells very well. With mitsu, you either get the evo, or nothing else. they have no other "sport car" and NO THE ECLIPSE DOENST COUNT!

o yeah, how could i forget! THE EVO WAS IN 2F2F
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Evos have an engine that is proven. Sti hasn't been able to crack into 11's yet. Evo is cheaper. People are looking and seeing that the Evo is a better handling car and also most people think it looks better.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

It's funny...I see a lot of Subaru's at autocross events but have yet to see an EVO. I'd love for one to show up so that I can see how it does on a course.

Regardless...two good options for folks to choose from.

I see more STi's than Evo's for sure around here. And saw in the paper the other day that a dealer had 3 Evo's on CLEARANCE! If they were selling so hot, they wouldn't be discounting them...

Either way, it's just preference. Different strokes for different folks.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the price is the biggest factor. Most people who are considering one will consider the other. I've never driven either but from what i've read the difference between the two is negligible. So most people will probably opt for the cheaper of the two.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

for christ sakes does this have to happen again. there are so many articles and posts compareing the two. its a coin toss.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

thanks for you opinions
    "IN A WORLD FULL OF FOLLOWERS, DARE TO BE A LEADER!"

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by ebr0t
    for christ sakes does this have to happen again. there are so many articles and posts compareing the two. its a coin toss.
    2003 SRT-4

I won't compare the two because, as has been said, there are a ton of threads about this.

Are you sure the EVO is outselling the STi? STi's are becoming a dime a dozen where I live (saw 3 on my way to work today) and I rarely see an EVO. I'm only going from experience and perhaps the national sales numbers prove otherwise.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by sarcasmo
    I won't compare the two because, as has been said, there are a ton of threads about this.

Are you sure the EVO is outselling the STi? STi's are becoming a dime a dozen where I live (saw 3 on my way to work today) and I rarely see an EVO. I'm only going from experience and perhaps the national sales numbers prove otherwise.
    yea, now that you mention it...I do see way more STis than evos...
    2003 SRT-4

Why did Mustang V6's out sell practically everything? Why did Mustang GT's out sell LS1 z28s? Everyone knows the LS1 z28, kicks its ass, but thousands spent their cash on GT's.

You can't assume a car is better because more people buy it. Around my area Nissan 350z are dime a dozen. Their everywhere.

I would hate to see STi's all over the place like most cars in production today.

sht
    evo are helping keep mits as a company from going under. the more they can get on the road the better. not only is it more $ than the average mits sold but makes helps people think mits is still good car co. i not trying to bash them but thats they way i see it.
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

There are quite a bit more Stis around here than Evos also. 3 Evos I can think of and well over 10 Stis. I was thinking he might be basing this thread off of national sales because I have no clue how well Stis sell nationally.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

I like them both. But you know what I didn't have to drive the EVO to make my decision on the STi. Neither are very common where i'm from I see about 6 or 7 Evo's in the area but there are only 2 STis in the area both of them are WRBlue Pearl Gold Rims. I have still yet to be able to get a run with the EVO . But if the opertunity comes about and the conditions are right, well I don't have to say more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.