Why is it that Evo's are selling? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Why is it that Evo's are selling? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i paid 28,450 for my EVO..... they wanted 34,500 for the STI.... the day i bought the EVO i was ...

i paid 28,450 for my EVO..... they wanted 34,500 for the STI.... the day i bought the EVO i was on my way to purchase the STI.... turns out the evo was a lot cheaper... so thats what i bought.

and the reason EVO don't "sell" is because mistubishi never did any advertising for the car.... only people who usually buy them are ones who knew about em.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Drod
    The Evo is not selling well at all. I read that Mitsubishi had over 2500 03's left after the new 04 models arravied and 1500 03's after 01/01/04.
    The 04 Evo's are not even out yet

I live in an area where money talks. Porsches, Ferraris, Aston Martins all day long. Sucks going to work cause thats all I see sometimes. Anyway, I definitely see more EVO's here than I do STi's which is weird. I would think the more expensive one would sell better around here. I personally think the EVO looks better. I love the front end, looks mean. The rear isn't as nice, but better than the STi in my opinion. I haven't been in one, but I did go for a ride in an STi. Unfortunately, it was brand new so the owner didn't really get on it too much. But you could definitely feel the power that was about to be unleashed. I believe I would go for the EVO if I was in the market for one of the two because of the price, and the looks. If money doesn't matter and I went for an STi, I think I would still be very happy with my choice, but just not like how it looks quite as much as I would with an EVO.

why wouldnt anyone buy an evo? its a badass car.
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I think both cars are equally bad ass...I personally like the STI better then the EVO..it all comes down to personal preference.

Originally posted by Novtec1

and the reason EVO don't "sell" is because mistubishi never did any advertising for the car....
    Didnt advertize? Fast and the furious was a hour and a half commercial, they had import lifestyle commercials and a few other methods of advertizement. Not saying the advertizing worked but it was definetly there and the evo is usually reconized more then the sti.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    Didnt advertize? Fast and the furious was a hour and a half commercial, they had import lifestyle commercials and a few other methods of advertizement. Not saying the advertizing worked but it was definetly there and the evo is usually reconized more then the sti.
    Which is fine and dandy if you ask me. I'd rather see more evos then STis.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Why is it that Evo's are selling?

Originally posted by WRXSTIRULes
    Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks!
    I find this to be another rehash of the same old question: Which is better, the STi or the Evo.

I'll just fire another question back at you and end this thread. Where did you get your sales figures? I've searched and can't seem to come up with specific STi or Evo sales for anything since September of last year. Also, as another poster put out there, I believe there are close to twice as many Evo released for sale in the US as there are STis. <don't you hate putting an s on the end of STi???....just looks odd>
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234