Why is it that Evo's are selling? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why is it that Evo's are selling? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I drove each the Evo and the STi and considered everything before I went with the Evo. The STi is ...

I drove each the Evo and the STi and considered everything before I went with the Evo. The STi is a great car but I chose the Evo for a few reasons. Without making this too long, I didnt feel like paying $4K extra for a stripped down STi that is only .3 seconds quicker than the Evo, not to mention the Evo handles much better and IMO looks alot better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I see about 5 times more STi's than EVO's in my town, im glad i live here!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Originally posted by Snowvert
    wtlw.
    wtly.
    does this have to be discussed again?

!!

no, it really doesnt, but it is unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

as far as the evo selling more is due to those greedy salesguys finally figuring out that gouging prices is not gonna help them and can make it even lose their job if they dont sell enough cars.and all the mitsu dealers here in my area are selling them sticker or lower. while some suby dealerships are still marking up sti's,they even game me the eye when i drove in to one dealership checking out an sti for my wife.they thought i was gonna trade in my evo

as far as comparisons it all comes to the driver and both should be thankful with the wrx coming here because if it werent for those rex's we woudnt even have an evo or an sti to drive with today.

I wouldn't really say marking up prices. I got my STi for $30k with pretty much all the extras that it can come with(didn't get the cheap boost gauge). Still not exactly cheap(in my book) but such a blast to drive.

Re: Why is it that Evo's are selling?

Originally posted by WRXSTIRULes
    Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks!
    The real question is, what is mball going post now, if your stealing his material

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    Sti hasn't been able to crack into 11's yet.
    STi+sr50+some fuel+emanage=11s. There are a few 11 sec stis in the US. Hell I know of one sti putting down 409whp which will run deep into the 11's.

Evo sells more because its cheaper, proven, won all the reviews, cheaper, and comes with altezzas which we all know are cooler
    Alex

Im debating over the two...i have no real comparison other than to read reviews and posts of owners...when the time comes to get one of the two im sure ill lean towards the STi first but if money becomes a factor (which always is the case or at least most of the time) the evo is my choice. can't go wrong with either one though

Originally posted by evo_dadi
    while some suby dealerships are still marking up sti's,they even game me the eye when i drove in to one dealership checking out an sti for my wife.
    Check out Subaru of Santa Cruz, they have STi's for under $30k. What colour is your car? I'm sure I've seen you on hwy 1.

Originally posted by eluminx
    Check out Subaru of Santa Cruz, they have STi's for under $30k. What colour is your car? I'm sure I've seen you on hwy 1.
    lol that is the place that i went to but i found out one of the salesguy there is on baic.i got a white evo and i have seen a few sti's around but still waiting if they would even say wassup since its either they wont look or just shrug you off.hell even some of buddies who has rex's gets the same treatment from the the sti guys.

Mitsubishi made 6,000 Evo's, Subaru made 3,000 STI's. The Evo is not selling well at all. I read that Mitsubishi had over 2500 03's left after the new 04 models arravied and 1500 03's after 01/01/04. I see more STI's in Nothern VA than I see EVO's. Just searched the local misubishi dealers inventory and found over 20 03's left ewith in a 20 mile radius of Arlington, VA.

I see more STI's then Evo's and the mitsu dealer in Burl had 2 on the lot with big green 03 stickers on them...but Subaru is the state car Vermont...

I have seen as many STi's as I have EVO's around here.

Originally posted by Drod
    Mitsubishi made 6,000 Evo's, Subaru made 3,000 STI's. The Evo is not selling well at all. I read that Mitsubishi had over 2500 03's left after the new 04 models arravied and 1500 03's after 01/01/04. I see more STI's in Nothern VA than I see EVO's. Just searched the local misubishi dealers inventory and found over 20 03's left ewith in a 20 mile radius of Arlington, VA.
    Dealership around here had the evo marked up to 43,000. I nearly sh*t myself.

STI's are marked up to 36,000.

I hate when dealers pull that....when I was still in Jersey I went to a Mitsu dealer and a Subaru dealer to talk about getting an STI or an Evo...this was a few months before the Evo was being delivered...the Mitsu dealer told me there was a 10 percent mark up...not too bad. The Subaru dealer told me I could order one, but when it got here it would be sold to the highest bidder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast