Why is it that Evo's are selling? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why is it that Evo's are selling? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru only brought over a limited number of STi's because it is a "limited edition". The Evo is not a ...

Subaru only brought over a limited number of STi's because it is a "limited edition". The Evo is not a limited run type car, it is a "normal edition" car in Mitsu's lineup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Why is it that Evo's are selling?

Originally posted by WRXSTIRULes
    Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks!
    Hate to burst your bubble but according to all the magazines I've read, Evo beats the STi everytime (even though it's a slim margin). So I don't understand how you can say the STi is a "better" car. As far as reliability, we have yet to prove that either.

But yah, I would take either car in a heartbeat.

I don't think the Evo will turnout to be reliable at all. After all, the evo is running 19.5 pounds of boost! that is just asking for some kind of breakdown in the future. On the other hand, the Sti is running much less boost, so it should prove to be more reliable in the end.
    "IN A WORLD FULL OF FOLLOWERS, DARE TO BE A LEADER!"

fre
    I don't think the Evo will turnout to be reliable at all. After all, the evo is running 19.5 pounds of boost! that is just asking for some kind of breakdown in the future. On the other hand, the Sti is running much less boost, so it should prove to be more reliable in the end.
    Hrmm this logic is not good. Just because you run more boost doesn't mean your car will blow up or be for the worse. The evo engines are very strong and they only hold 19 psi for a little bit and taper off. I believe reliability will lie in more then just boost levels. I would say the major factor is how the car is tuned and just making sure you prevent detonation I think it was a local tuner that said it best.... the evo engines are better to throw more boost at while the subaru boxer engines are better to advance the timing on. They are just quarks for each type of motor, one likes boost the other likes timing.

umm... the evos motor has been used for how long already?
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Yeah...well I dont think thats true. I live near a huge mitsu dealer and they had lots of evos...and now they have even more evos ...not selling too well or something dunno. But price factor was in there for me. The evo was 3k cheaper...I was looking for a WRX to buy when i got my EVO, and the EVo was just a step higher, so I decided to go Evo. If I was looking to buy an evo, and then couldn't find one, but found a STi, I prolly would have bought the STi.

4G63 has been in use for a while now. More boost doesn't necessarily mean it is less reliable than the Sti either. I just think the Sti is better built when it comes down to it.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

The 4g63 is simply a better motor than the STi ej25. It's been proven time and time again it has superior detonation suppression, and has a bullet proof iron block which can hold alot of horses. I've also heard alot of bad things about the ej25 open block designs.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks
    WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ok The Sti Does look better IMHO.

Depends, I see just as Many Scoobys in Jersey as I do Evos. Evos are rare in this country, only a run of 6,000 or less, not many for 1 year, but they are out there.

Evo VIII's are in the 10's and 9's so far.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

WRX's are in the 8's right now. I don't think STi's have broken 10's yet though.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Re: Why is it that Evo's are selling?

Why is it that Evo's are selling more then STi's? I mean... the Sti is obviously the better car, more reliable, faster(depending on the driver), has a better looking interior. I would appreciate your input guys... thanks!
    die noob!!!!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, I drove the STi and the Evo, and the Evo handled miles better than the STi (in my eyes). It was kind of odd. Although the STi is by NO means a bad handler (obviously), the Evo was faster (well - it actually has faster steering) and it just handled like it was on rails. No touch of understeer like the STi! So...honestly, I'm not surprised. I preferred the Evo over the STi.

Sorry.
    2010 SSM STI

wtlw.
    wtly.
    does this have to be discussed again?

!!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Either or

You can't gp wrong with either, both the EVO and STI are awesome and have there own characteristics in handling. EVO is cheaper and proven to be great, and STI is building it self that way.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

If I were to get one, the EVO gets slightly better mpg for about the same performance (romping around on the WRX gets less than 9 mpg). IMO it's more fun to drive too. Also, real rally enthusiasts go for regulated 2.0 engines Although, the 2.5 engine on the STI sounds soooo nice.
    Last edited by streko; 03-31-2004 at 01:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.