raced a 2004 mustang gt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on raced a 2004 mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw this red mustang gt with exhaust and air-intake. That's all he had he said. But anyway we raced ...

raced a 2004 mustang gt

I saw this red mustang gt with exhaust and air-intake. That's all he had he said. But anyway we raced from 60 and i punched it i pulled on him only a little and then we stayed even up to 120 and then i shut off. All i have is air-intake, dp, bov. Should i have killed him? or does that sound right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds about right.

On a stock Stang GT i pulled about 3 cars from a 60mph roll with my mods being a turboback/uppipe/ic hoses.

Good stuff
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

very nice!

Kick his a$$ c-bass. sounds bout right. I've beat a couple late 90's GT's

+1
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    That's about right...

GT's need gears and an Xpipe if they're gonna stay NA
    2003 SRT-4

Ditto, like the others said, that sounds about right.

Check out my thread though.....
    15 PSI/turboback WRX vs. '00 Stang GT

Get a manual boost controller and you will TOAST him.
    I raced a GT and beat him pretty bad as an EBC, MBC, or Reflash gives you MUCH better top end with the increased boost.
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

what's reflash

what's reflash?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Re: what's reflash

Originally posted by Blizwinter
    what's reflash?
    remaps your computer for more boost, fuel, etc, I believe
    2003 SRT-4

Cobb reflash is just $400. www.cobbtuning.com Good stuff
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I raced a GT a while back on the highway and he pulled on me pretty good. This was my only encounter w/ one and was hoping that he was modded. His exhaust note did seem a little louder than stock but he pulled an easy 1 1/2 - 2 cars on me from 60 to about 90+

I know my top-end sux, but does it really suck that bad? I honestly don't think he was stock cuz I've raced an evo on the highway and it pulled about the same. So unless a GT is equal to an EVO on the highway that sucka was not stock!

well my bro raced a Gt in a stock Forester (auto) and pulled on him untill 60 and then the Gt walked on him. And btw the Gt had very little spin.

Originally posted by 03WREX
    I've raced an evo on the highway and it pulled about the same. So unless a GT is equal to an EVO on the highway that sucka was not stock!
    You and the Evo are AWD. The Mustang is not.
    Originally posted by Integra96
    Even though I am a straight male and, thus, do not fold anything, that is very impressive.

03WREX, what are your mods?

A stock GT versus a Stock WRX from a roll at anything above 2nd gear, the WRX should get beat about like you did. If you look up in the thread, you will see that WRX's with mods like Uppipe/ Downpipe, or Manual Boost Controllers, can stay even with stangs or beat them easily (like me)

Keep modding and drive safe, heh heh, even though I guess those two don't really go together.
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

Originally posted by Super Scoob
    You and the Evo are AWD. The Mustang is not.
    So is an Evo and a Mustang GT even on the highway? I know the EVO is awd but I thought it had decent topend? Enough to pull on a stock GT, but I'm just assuming.

When I raced the GT on the highway, all I had was a cat-back. I knew I'd get beat I just didn't think that badly.

I actually had another encounter w/ a GT today on my way back from lunch. I could hear the deep exhaust note of his car from 2 cars back when he accelerates from the light. This guy was flying down the road! I take off after him after weaving around a car or two *safely* and hoped he was heading in my same direction back to work. We come to the light where I need to make a left but I see he gets in the lane to go straight. I figure what the hell and pull up behind him.

The light is about to turn green and I hear him reving his car. I still don't know much about mustangs but his exhaust sounded mean. Two nice chrome pipes growling... I bring my revs up and the light turns green. He launches his car but spins for a second or two and I have to let up on the gas to keep from hitting him. He gains traction and I'm right on his tail. He hits 2nd and his tires let out a nice little squeal. We run out 2nd and end in the middle of 3rd w/ cars ahead. After all was said and done he probably pulled maybe 1/4 car length on me... if that. A good race but I do wish we were lined up next to each other. I think I would have maybe been able to hold him off.

Stock Mustang GT 4.6L is weak. 215HP, 0-60 in 7.1 sec. The new ones have 240 and are tuned better. Mid-late Cobras are packing a DOCH 32 valve V-8 producing 300hp. I recommend an upgraded turbo and all the trimmings for that. New SVT cobra is blown and hits 385hp. STI will hang, except 70 on up highway blasts. Oh yes, and if you hear supercharger whine or see drag slicks on the back, don't even think about racing them.

Figure in 20hp loss to the wheels. So a stock WRX would get beat on the highway, but with a few mods...

Another interesting fact, a lady who cut my hair has an 87 mustang GT 5.0 w/ x-pipe and exhaust and runs mid 14s.

Her husbands 'stang has a blower. He runs 11s, or a 10.8 on the juice.
    Last edited by keystah; 04-01-2004 at 06:59 PM.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast