VW GTI1.8T race from a stop...clutch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VW GTI1.8T race from a stop...clutch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay, so I am on my way to school, and I see this black VW GTI (with a 1.8T badge ...

VW GTI1.8T race from a stop...clutch

Okay, so I am on my way to school, and I see this black VW GTI (with a 1.8T badge on the back of it) movin pretty quick down the road infront of me. I catch up to him, and we get up to a flashing red light, (a 4 way stop). I look at him and sorta grin a laugh....and he smiles, we both take off.

Here was the problem, I did not really have time to get ready to launch, so i just sorta put my right foot down hard and slipped the clutch. some of the wheels spun for a moment, and then took off like a bat out of hell. I could smell a little burning smell for like 30 seconds after that. Now, I have raced before, and not burned my clutch...but is doing it this once gonna be a problem. I mean, I have probally raced off the line 20 times in my 10,000 miles on my car...and maybe burned the clutch 3 times. Did i do any damage??

What about the 1.8T GTI...is that a fast car...i seemed to smoke him off the line, as well as my clutch....

brian
    2004 Silver WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very few things (read detonation) will kill your car if it happens a couple of times. Dumping a clutch once SHOULDNT kill hit, hitting rev limiter shouldnt kill it...all these little mistakes do add up over time but shouldnt be fatal if it happens once or twice.

As far as the 1.8t...in stock form they do very little other then make cool turbo sounds...and the sad thing is...there's a waiting list to get a 1.8t short block...My step brother waited a month for a short block when his went up at 83,000 miles...others have waited a few months. Oh well...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

In all honesty... did you not expect to roast him from the line? I think that you should be able to roast every fwd car out there... and a lot of rwd cars too. From a stop our cars are traction beasts!

Just watchout though... the 1.8t can easily be made into big HP cars, as with all turbo cars. Even the vr6 models are pretty decent up top. I know because I had an encounter w/ one a while back and he was slowly pulling on my semi-stock car. Then again, I'm not 100% positive it was a vr6, since he debadged the car but I assumed cuz I didn't hear a turbo spooling. Those VW turbos spool up pretty loud.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.