My wife fricking rocks. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My wife fricking rocks. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one, Bob. I'm a metal fan....

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one, Bob.

I'm a metal fan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by jmussetter
    I'm a programmer too! Ha/Ha that's funny. Next your all going to say that you like rap music like me too huh? Seem's to be a computer geek thing. Fast cars and Rap music.
    What's the job situation like over there? I hear all these horror stories, but frankly it seems like BS. If you go to dice.com and do a search for 'Java', you'll get ~40 matches in Colorado (down from 300 a year ago). On the other hand, the same search for CA yields about 900 matches....

Things over here are pretty rough. All my buddies except one lost their tech jobs. We are the only two developer-types I know that managed to hold onto our jobs (so far). I lost my entire development team of six. Now there's just me. They called it 'downsizing'. LOL.

-Pace
    Last edited by pace; 07-03-2002 at 11:32 AM.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jmussetter
    I'm a programmer too! Ha/Ha that's funny. Next your all going to say that you like rap music like me too huh? Seem's to be a computer geek thing. Fast cars and Rap music.
    Although I like all kinds of music and don't really have a favorite genre (Country is a big no-no though), there's nothing like crusin' in my Rex with the windows down and Ludacris pumpin' LOL

Initial D music is good too though
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

My taste is a little ecclectic I guess. I'll cruise to a wide range of stuff from Creedence or the 'Stones, to Tori Amos or Natalie Merchant. I can tolerate country influence, but not full on Garth-type trash. Rap and R&B is the biggest no-no for me. My wife is big into that stuff though.

-Pace

Originally posted by pace

What's the job situation like over there? I hear all these horror stories, but frankly it seems like BS. If you go to dice.com and do a search for 'Java', you'll get ~40 matches in Colorado (down from 300 a year ago). On the other hand, the same search for CA yields about 900 matches....

Things over here are pretty rough. All my buddies except one lost their tech jobs. We are the only two developer-types I know that managed to hold onto our jobs (so far). I lost my entire development team of six. Now there's just me. They called it 'downsizing'. LOL.

-Pace

In my state, (the land of little or no opportunity) IT jobs are very scarce. Which is why I still work in a job that I hate making pennies to take a bunch of crap from a bunch of stupid people that don't think before they click.

Yeah.. I can't imagine Iowa as a tech 'hotspot'. Have you considered leaving the state?

-Pace

I may have before I got married, now I don't really want to. My wife is kinda rooted here. Cost of living isn't that high, either. That and I like my privacy. I'm a country boy at heart.

Originally posted by pace
    My taste is a little ecclectic I guess. I'll cruise to a wide range of stuff from Creedence or the 'Stones, to Tori Amos or Natalie Merchant. I can tolerate country influence, but not full on Garth-type trash. Rap and R&B is the biggest no-no for me. My wife is big into that stuff though.

-Pace
    I like Tori Amos too. Most ecclectic female artist are pretty good. Suzzane Vega, Natalie Merchant, the chick from the Cranberries, and Ani Difranco are all in the good column. The Breeders rock, as do most things that included Kim Deal of The Breeders (see The Pixies)

I prefer Pink Floyd, Radiohead, King Crimson, Frank Zappa, and most progresive rock from the past and present. They Might Be Giants is great for a laugh.

Most rap is not my thing, but The Beastie Boys are very good across the board. Tribe Called Quest is also good rap IMHO. I suppose Beck (not Jeff) is rap as well, and I'm fond of it too.

I dislike most country music too, but Johnny Cash was da man.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

"I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one, Bob."

And, it appears, many of us have seen the movie "Office Space"

Here's another similarity: we're all doing this stuff while we should be working- either that or trying to beat 534 on Makai Spear Toss

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    The Cure is where it's at
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo
    The Cure is where it's at
    Also good stuff. 80's and 90's "cutting edge"/"new wave" can be so fun stuff to listen to. Big Audio Dynamite, The Clash, The B-52's, Devo, Midnight Oil...all good.

I didn't even mention 80's hardcore punk, but that is a hold over from my younger days, and it still cracks me up to this day.
    ----------------------------------------
    '02 Blue Sportwagon
    No mods - yet
    Starting with the rear sway bar and anti-lift kit...one day....I have faith

haha..nice thread hijack guys and gals

well, my fiance loves my car..i'm gentle when she's in it though...she doesn't appreciate her head slamming in the seat when i hit boost all the time

although she does drive a mazda 626 turbo! hehe (old model)

and yes, i'm an IT geek as well....currrently installing latest 8_Recommended patch on a new Sun E220R server i built today

wee!

and i hate rap music too...oldies all the way!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pace: Jobs here really ARE that bad. The SMALL company I work for was blowing up for awhile, we had over 60 employees (not that big compared to the giants around here), and over the last year, we've had 4 rounds of layoffs, and our size is down to under 30 people now. It could get worse if the economy doens't get better. Also, you have to put in perspective, there might be 40 posts for Java jobs in colorado, and 900 here in the Bay Area, but have you seen our freeways? The ratio available jobs to population is probably lower here than where you live. Plus, half the population here does exactly what 'you' do, so that doesn't give you very good job security either, cause there 100 people that just got laid waiting in line for your job if you screw up. It ALL just sucks, that's all I have to say about it.

Sorry if you guys don't all like Rap, I like lots of stuff, just seemed on my last board that everyone was a programmer listening to Dr. Dre or something. Didn't mean to catagorize everyone!

OK, sorry for stealing the thread.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX - EJ22 w/ VF30 and all the other stuff to go with it...

***ATTN: Speed Kills! Drive a Honda and live FOREVER. ***

jmussetter: I continued the tech job discussion over in the OT forum. No need to hijack these good people's thread any longer.

-Pace

My latest passenger comments
    "Damn you got a supercharger in there or something?"
    and
    "GO GO GO!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast