Bmw 3 Vs Wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bmw 3 Vs Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the highway driving to my friends house just cruising and a BMW 3 series comes flying by ...

Bmw 3 Vs Wrx

I was on the highway driving to my friends house just cruising and a BMW 3 series comes flying by me. The guy then slows down and tries to play it cool. so then we are even and I look over and it's a young guy about my age or a little older.. I'm 22. He got this I own the road look on his face. I didn't really feel like racing shifted to 4th at around 65mph and punched it and instantly I'm pulling away from him 3 car lengths at least. So then I slow down and cruise at normal speed. The guy then comes flying by me and then slows and keeps pace with me. I guess he didn't get enough the first time so I do the same thing as before but this time I just keep pulling away until I'm a couple bus lengths away. Then my exit was coming up so I slow down he starts flying up behind me switches lanes and pulls ahead of me whle I'm slowing down for the exit and have my turn signal on. Then as I'm turning off my exit he puts flashes he hazard lights on. I was really surprised that I pulled away so easily from him. My mods are TXS uppipe and TXS Turboback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If its not an M3 there pretty slow.

fre
    HRMM if it was an E46 or whatever then I would say the driver was mentally retarded. Even an E36 should have at least given you a run for your money I think? You don't even have a boost controller or engine management, so the max you would gain would be like 25-30 hp, which would put you at 245-250 crank. HRMMMM I dunno.

I never said it was an M!? It was like 330 or 318 I couldn't see exactly but I think one of those.

318's have about 140 hp
    sounds about right for a 318 auto. But our cars in 4th at 65 aren't really rockets either.

Originally posted by PersianWRX
    I never said it was an M!? It was like 330 or 318 I couldn't see exactly but I think one of those.
    You would be able to tell if it's a 318 from the other 3-series. The 318 has a very short trunk. I don't remember if it's a hatch or not, but has a short trunk.

Other than that it could of been; 323, 325, 328 or 330. So take your pick...

J-H
    65mph 4th gear roll..... Don't try that move on a 328 or 330...You will need everything you have to make up for that d*** gearing those cars have...

JH

there are 4 door 318's. The stubby ones are called iT's

You could of pulled on a 328 and below on a roll, but probably not a 330.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by J-H
    65mph 4th gear roll..... Don't try that move on a 328 or 330...You will need everything you have to make up for that d*** gearing those cars have...

JH
    I would have to agree here. in 4th I think a 328 auto would lose slightly but not by buslengths. and a 330 auto or manual would have pulled on him. so i am voting for an auto 325.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I looked up the 318 and it was not that. Also it had four doors...

4th gear at 65? C'mon d00de that's the sweet spot of 3rd, you should be there.

When going 55 mph I always downshift to 2nd gear, If I'm going 65mph definately go to 3rd gear.

I believe that all the 318,325,328 e36 sedans look the same, you really an't tell the difference except by the badging or maybe the wheels.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

You would be able to tell if it's a 318 from the other 3-series. The 318 has a very short trunk. I don't remember if it's a hatch or not, but has a short trunk.

Other than that it could of been; 323, 325, 328 or 330. So take your pick...

My other car is a 328i with a 5 speed. They are no slouches up top, and no beast either. When the above cars are autos, there is a huge difference. When I bring the 328i in for scheduled maintenance the dealer usually gives me a slush box loaner, and even the 330 feels ALOT more sluggish than the 328 with a manual.
    2004 WRX

like i said, at 65mph in 4th a 328 MT wouldnt lose that easily. and a 330i AT, or MT would would keep up even if you were in 3rd geat. i am saying a 325 5speed
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast