Bmw 3 Vs Wrx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bmw 3 Vs Wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; old one or the newer one? old one can be 318, 323/325, 328 the newer one can be 323, 328, ...

old one or the newer one?

old one can be 318, 323/325, 328

the newer one can be 323, 328, 325, 330, 330 performance pkg.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    You would be able to tell if it's a 318 from the other 3-series. The 318 has a very short trunk. I don't remember if it's a hatch or not, but has a short trunk.

Other than that it could of been; 323, 325, 328 or 330. So take your pick...

My other car is a 328i with a 5 speed. They are no slouches up top, and no beast either. When the above cars are autos, there is a huge difference. When I bring the 328i in for scheduled maintenance the dealer usually gives me a slush box loaner, and even the 330 feels ALOT more sluggish than the 328 with a manual.
    You wouldn't be able to tell if it's a 318 sedan is what I meant.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

if you had those mods, then you should beat any bmw other than an M. the wrx is pretty even with the 330 stock until 65. I would think that uppipe/downpipe would give you enough exta juice to beat him

Originally posted by burrito007
    if you had those mods, then you should beat any bmw other than an M. the wrx is pretty even with the 330 stock until 65. I would think that uppipe/downpipe would give you enough exta juice to beat him
    upto 65 being the key word. he started the race at 65mph in 4th gear... and at these speeds a 330i would be real close with him and the 330 would end up winning especially in MT form.. a 328i MT would be a pretty close race, but the edge going to the rex cuz of his mods, and a 325i would lose, which is why i said 325i was more than likely the car.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by ilivas
    You wouldn't be able to tell if it's a 318 sedan is what I meant.
    actually you can tell a E36 318 sedan from the E36 325 and 328. The 318 is the only one with the single exhaust exit.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think all the 4 cyl have the single exhaust tips
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

fre
    Originally posted by PersianWRX
    I never said it was an M!? It was like 330 or 318 I couldn't see exactly but I think one of those.
    Oops I always associate 3 with M3 for some reason , I guess it is because the other versions aren't worth the effort.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.