Acura 2.5 TL Type S???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Acura 2.5 TL Type S??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not really a race, but... I was in the right lane just cruising along in 3rd gear. This acura starts ...

Acura 3.2 TL Type S???

Not really a race, but... I was in the right lane just cruising along in 3rd gear. This acura starts pacing me on my left. I see that my lane is ending so I need to get over. I can either hit the brakes or gas it. Thinking this guy was just cruising too I hit the gas. He keeps pace.. My lane is ending fast so I punch it in 3rd and pull a car length and switch lanes. I keep the hammer down all of 3rd, 4th and 5th till about 100 MPH for fun. This guy was still at my rear bumper.

I know WRXs are not highway stars, but how quick are these Acura TLs?

I have a few exhaust mods and stock boost levels.

Edit: it could have been a TL or a CL? It did look like a newer body style.
    Last edited by OnTheGas; 03-29-2004 at 05:32 PM.
    2002 WRB WRX
    Perrin catted DP
    PDE flex UP
    TurboXS axle back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well, was it 2 drs or 4 drs?
    u sure it is a 2.5 not a 3.2?
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Originally posted by slin02
    well, was it 2 drs or 4 drs?
    u sure it is a 2.5 not a 3.2?
    Hmmm I think I mis-typed...I don't think there is a 2.5. It did have 2 doors. I did see the Type S badge when he turned off.
    Last edited by OnTheGas; 03-29-2004 at 05:31 PM.
    2002 WRB WRX
    Perrin catted DP
    PDE flex UP
    TurboXS axle back

so you raced a 3.2 Type-S, and to answer your Q, yes they will be able to keep up with you at high speed. 260hp stock is no joke.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That CL has awesome top end.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

My friend in town here has a 3.2TL Type S sedan with the 260HP engine. We ran on the highway from 80mph to 120mph, and I was able to pull on him really well. Granted, my car is far from stock... A stock wrx would get taken though from a highspeed roll though with the TL/CL. I have an 1820 turbo, and it isn't close...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

My friend has every Comptech bolton minus the supercharger on his 3.2CL and ran a 14.1 on a full tank of pump gas @ Atco raceway (Automatic too)
    If he had 6spd he probably could get into the 13s... which is insane if you ask me for a car of that weight/'status'
    On the highway he can almost keep up with me... He has EZ pass and I stopped to pay a toll once, he went through EZ pass around 20mph and I launched from a stop and passed him halfway through 2nd, into 3rd we were even and once i hit 4th he started to pull a little, although i didn't really redline 3rd...just shifted at 5500rpm.

Nice cars.

Scott

my brothers ran a 14.8 stock his cl 3.2 type s with a 6 speed he has runs a good 12 on a vorteh based SC now
    if its not fast it better be a show car

with just I/H/E they are low 14sec cars and high 13's.

a 3.2cl-s would be the car you are talking about. they are good top end cars with a vtec 6cylinder and manuals will run mid to high 14s stock.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.