Wrx-rx8

This is a discussion on Wrx-rx8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a chance to drive against an RX-8, I dont know if it was modified or not. He couldn't ...

Wrx-rx8

I had a chance to drive against an RX-8, I dont know if it was modified or not. He couldn't keep up, but I didn't spank him--I would say it was nearly dead even from a rolling start. He would start to catch up and I would pull away then shift... we would yo-yo like that.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Really depends if it was auto or manual...the manual ones would be pretty even with you...a driver's race. The auto ones are considerably slower and you'd probably walk it.
    2003 SRT-4

I figured something was up, I'm lightly modified... so I'll assume it may have been a stick? Well wouldn't an auto pull a little harder on a rolling start?
    RANGER on point

Originally posted by LouieWRX
    I Well wouldn't an auto pull a little harder on a rolling start?
    Nope, the autos have the weaker engine. The only way to get the upper-trim level engine is to check the manual transmission box when ya order the car.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

So say if I'm running down the strip at 13.1s @ 101mph... and didnt walk him on the highway, its likely he was a stick huh?
    RANGER on point

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by LouieWRX
    So say if I'm running down the strip at 13.1s @ 101mph... and didnt walk him on the highway, its likely he was a stick huh?
    yep...101 would put you a few mph over what they trap...
    2003 SRT-4