Raced myself tonight. Lost/won then had a close call!! :eek:
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced myself tonight. Lost/won then had a close call!! :eek: within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My brother and I both went to the same party, but I left first to go to a BBQ, and ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Raced myself tonight. Lost/won then had a close call!! :eek:

My brother and I both went to the same party, but I left first to go to a BBQ, and took the z28...then he came later and drove the mystic. Neither one of us drank/smoked, and around 11:15 we decided to head home...Naturally, since we were in muscle cars, and sober, and the roads were clear, I knew it was on. We didnt catch one redlight the entire way home, and we were just side by side pacing each other. Finally, we pass the last stoplight before a very long stretch of road and we are both doing about 50mph. We were lined up perfectly, so I pulled it out of 5th to go into 3rd, and he jumped the gun and took off on me before I was ready. I watched him pull away and I didnt even try to play catch up. Eventually, he slowed down and we ended up pacing each other again. I got next to him and we were doing about 70, I was in 4th gear (not quite my powerband) and he dropped to 3rd and chirped em, taking off...I didnt feel like shifting so I just gunned it in 4th and I pulled about a car on him to 95 then we both slowed down for a turn. After it straightened out we came up on a car in my lane, so I got in right behind my bro...He was doing about 45 in a 35 and he was blocking me in behind him and the car next to him...I was getting ansy, waiting in 3rd for him to speed up so I could fly around him...thank GOD he didnt speed up because about 1/2 mile later we passed a speed trap!!! When we got home, he told me I owed him one, and asked if I was in 3rd when we raced...I said no, 4th and he was sad, but he said the z28 is untouchable. I grinned and told him to get a real car Ahh...late night debauchery...
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

your mystic had a radar detector or did he spot the trap?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by TurnWRX
    your mystic had a radar detector or did he spot the trap?
    according to him, his "spider sense" was going off

there was absolutely no way he could have seen the trap before we came up on it because the cop was sitting around a curve with no lights on...
    2003 SRT-4

I've had the exact thing happen to me about the speed trap, except the times that i wanted to pass people, my friends weren't in front of me, so i just said screw it and went the speed limit. and like you said about 1/4-1/2 of a mile there were cops just waiting for people like me. that's the only time i will thank slow drivers. but after the speed trap i got passed them in a hurry, going 35 for that long is not possible for me. Is it hard for you to go 35 in your Z28?? Well if you go 35.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    according to him, his "spider sense" was going off

there was absolutely no way he could have seen the trap before we came up on it because the cop was sitting around a curve with no lights on...
    You'd be surprised what some people can spot. I have a knack for knowing when and where cops will be, so except for my very few unpleasant experiences, I never get pulled.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.