Boxter S vs. WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boxter S vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not much of a race (lasted about 5 seconds). Was cruising along a four lane highway with no traffic but ...

Boxter S vs. WRX

Not much of a race (lasted about 5 seconds). Was cruising along a four lane highway with no traffic but a Porsche ahead. He saw I was driving a little faster than he so he moved over to the right. I kept right along waiting to see if he was going to just let me pass or try to show me up. I kept the Rex in 3rd going about 60 and sure enough when I got up to his bumper he gunned it so I followed and still passed him. When he saw that I started pulling instead of falling back he let off. I do not think my car is any faster than a Boxter S but I know I should be as fast 1/4= 13.7
    I don't know what happened, but I enjoyed pulling on a Porsche.
    BTW the 959 is my dream car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not that my car is a speed demon but, I've walked on a Boxter S as well. I figured that he was just making me feel good.... he still goes home and knows he has a porsche. I go home and still want a porsche.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

you dont want that type of porsche, only porsche made in america, those are pos's. slow, worthless, and have the same reliability as american vehicles. It's inevitable you would beat that fool. Next time you see one, just laugh at the idiot who purchased it, that's what i do.
    '00 2.5RS

I raced a porche 911 turbo. Looked like the older one but in great shape. Spanked him silly. Not with my 14 sec rex of course. Had my cbr954. Those cars eat rex's for breakfast. in a straight line and with enough room, they'll top out at around 180+.

Originally posted by tytlyf
    you dont want that type of porsche, only porsche made in america, those are pos's. slow, worthless, and have the same reliability as american vehicles. It's inevitable you would beat that fool. Next time you see one, just laugh at the idiot who purchased it, that's what i do.
    Just to clarify. No Porsche is made in America. Boxster and Boxster S models are made in Sweden by Valmat and some are made in Stuttgart by PAG.

you are wrong, the boxster is the only model made in america
    '00 2.5RS

I don't consider a boxster a porsche... at least I don't give it the respect of a Porsche.

...and a jaguar is just a ford
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

LMAO...
    Last edited by FrankW; 04-01-2004 at 01:01 AM.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm...I thought the boxster was only made "for" America, not "in" America. Could be wrong though.

Good kill BTW. I ranked on 3 different Boxsters, including an S when I had my stock WRX. All from stoplights, no top end check. It was embarrising for the Porsche every time.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Originally posted by YBNormal07
    Hmmm...I thought the boxster was only made "for" America, not "in" America. Could be wrong though.

Good kill BTW. I ranked on 3 different Boxsters, including an S when I had my stock WRX. All from stoplights, no top end check. It was embarrising for the Porsche every time.
    Boxsters are well sold all over the world. One thing people have to understand is that Porsche didn't make this car to go fast, they made the car to pay homage to the 550 Spyder and made the car for people to have affordable fun like they did with the 914, 944 and 968.

With that said, the only Boxster that can give the WRX a good run is the Boxster S, but once you put them on the track I believe the Boxster S will be a clear winner if the WRX is stock.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

http://www.986faq.com/1-0/default.asp

Is he still wrong??
    '04 WR Blue STi (Stock for now)
    '95 Purple T/A (Very Not Stock)

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by wile2k
    http://www.986faq.com/1-0/default.asp

Is he still wrong??

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet ownage...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.