New Member, drives stang, but got a good kill u might like to read about

This is a discussion on New Member, drives stang, but got a good kill u might like to read about within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi Guys. I was shopping around for a used car for the past couple of weeks, and I was first ...

Talking New Member, drives stang, but got a good kill u might like to read about

Hi Guys. I was shopping around for a used car for the past couple of weeks, and I was first going to get an 02 WRX, but i couldn't resist this one 01 GT mustang that was Supercharged. But i read this forum for a while, and really liked it. i was going to be happy to be apart of it. But i see others are here, besides just WRX's. So what the hell. I joined 2. It's vortech SQ supercharged. It puts 350 rwhp and 351 rwtq down. It drives around like a stock stang, except at idle it has a little whine to it, but once it's going you won't hear it. it's pretty nice since the cars that i've ran into didn't know it when they tried to run me. I've only had my car 5 days and have killed another GT and just a few hours ago i beat something that i was happy as hell to beat. I knew you guys would probably like to hear about it, since it is sort of your natural enemy. So on to say that i beat an EVO. It looked really nice, and i wasn't intending on racing it. I was just on my way to get something to eat, which was like 40 feet before i would take a right. But i got on it a little at the start and he took off, so i got on it and just put a car length on him by around 60 or 70. i have to say that when he shifted that BOV was really loud. i heard it over my exhaust and everything. don't know if that's normal for a stock one, but i just wanted to see what i could do against it, and i was happy with the results. my supercharger doesn't really kick in till like past 4 on the tach, so i know i could have put a couple of more car lengths if went up to a 100 or so. Hope you liked it that a EVO got run. and man u should have saw his face. he was shocked. i think he thought that i was a stock GT. he had his windows up so i'm sure he didn't hear the charger. damn i love this car.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LOL... good kill. Actually we have a couple people on the boards here that have EVOs. As I've said a couple other times I'm waiting to come up against my first Stang in my STi. There was a nice Mach1 that I parked behind last night but I wasn't around when he left. I wanted to be humbled.

SWEET!!! Im in the process of buying an 03 cobra owner claims 11.88s with pulleys, injectors, exhaust, and chip. cant wait

yeah i'm not dissing any of the EVO's. I wouldn't mind driving one, just always had the likings of the mustangs. i would love to give an STI a race. i want to see what i can do against those things. Man i wish i could have gotten an 03 cobra. those things are so easy to upgrade. Good luck with getting that car. I couldn't even wait for this car. I was supposed to get it last weekend, didn't have the money in time, so had to wait till thursday. And man i'm happy i did. i'll mess with an 03 just to see it get on it for the fun. i don't care if i lose. the results would be worth it.

welcome to the club. sounds like you got yourself a fast car there. have fun and drive responsibly.

you will find that many members here dont drive rex's. most plan to buy one (like myself) and others just like the atmosphere.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I was out and about a couple weeks ago and saw a bone stock SRT-4 run down a EVO. I also have 3 EVOs under my belt as well and I just drive a regular WRX.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Good kill, sounds like it was pretty close so it all depends on the driver. I have taken out countless modded GT's and 2 stock Cobra's with my stock Evo so its all about how good you are as a driver. As far as a stock SRT-4 running down an Evo...the driver of the Evo must have been high or retarded or both because I have now raced 5 SRT's and the closest one came to beating me was about 2 lengths and that was from a roll.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club. My first car was a 1965 Mustang GT,so i have a soft spot for them. Sounds like you have a fast car,good luck and enjoy
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I don't know. EVO took him by about 1.5 cars off the line, but the SRT-4 pulled him in top of 3rd gear by about 1/2 of a car. BTW the SRT-4 was on Blizzaks. EVO driver was probably not the best driver though.

Yeah it was pretty close, but i'm sure i could have pulled more if we would have gone faster, but it was already over, plus i was really hungry so i turned around to get my food. one of my friends said that he was modded some, but i don't know what he had done 2 it. but nice car none the less. yeah driving responsible..well as much as i can besides the racing is me. i have to take care of this car, otherwise it's back to driving a lowly Explorer or worse!! which gets the same and worse gas mileage then i do now. I was like well if i get this bad of a gas mileage i might as have a fun car to get this 17-18 mpg instead of this pos. Can't wait to run some other cars...safely.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    I don't know. EVO took him by about 1.5 cars off the line, but the SRT-4 pulled him in top of 3rd gear by about 1/2 of a car. BTW the SRT-4 was on Blizzaks. EVO driver was probably not the best driver though.
    Ya, he was probably a bad driver. Example:My friend has been to racing schools and thought he knew how to drive. Yesterday was the first time I had ever driven with him and I let him drive my Evo for a bit. He was shifting into 2nd at 5,000 RPM's...WTF? I asked him what he was doing and he was like "thats how I drive man". I NEVER shift till I am right about 7,000 RPM because you got to get the most out of the gears and let that twin scroll turbo give you that extra boost at 6,000. I know he is a pretty good driver but he didnt know how to drive a turbocharged car and I could have probably beat his ass in a lesser car pretty good driving like that.

A good driver and knowing your car goes a long way.

Originally posted by Neversatisfied
    A good driver and knowing your car goes a long way.
    Exactly. I forgot to add that he also "granny started" it too. You know, taking off at a normal pace then letting the turbo kick in when it does. I told him to launch it at 4,000 RPM which he tried a couple times but he kept spinning the tires a bit. Of course it takes more than a 15 minute ride to get to know your car but us guys who drive turbos know that there is that magical split second where clutch and gas come together and you can hit it and get a clean launch, miss it by a fraction of a second and you spin your tires at least once. Not getting that clean launch combined with shifting incorrectly can cost you a good 1-2 seconds and be a big difference in winning a race and losing it.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    cool! My last car was a 2000 GT with a Vortech SQ trim...I put down 341rwhp/338rwtq on 8#

They're fun
    2003 SRT-4