Forester XT vs. Infiniti G35
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Infiniti G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A silver Infiniti G35 pulled out in front of me while I was leaving work the other day. He was ...

str

Forester XT vs. Infiniti G35

A silver Infiniti G35 pulled out in front of me while I was leaving work the other day. He was driving very fast and I followed behind him. We stopped at a light and both were making a left which turned into some open road. I couldn't get beside him but when the light tuned green we both launched hard. I nearly ran into the back of him. I let off a little and we had about a 1 car gap. He continued to accelerate hard and I just stayed at his bumper. I felt my car pulling slightly but not by much. I maybe would have came even with him or pulled maybe a little but not much since he had the jump. Anyway, those G35's are pretty fast once they get going. I would have liked to race this one from a standstill but we couldn't line up at the next light due to traffic.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i hear some of those g35 guys aren't too fond of soobys,that guy is probably dreading his next encounter
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

On a related note

I test drove an XT yesterday morning in No. Va. while waiting for my 15K service to finish. At one stop light, the salesman told me to "check out the low-end on this compared to the WRX" so I gunned it and apparently really irked an Audi A4 driver who was lined up two lanes over.

(I was checking out the sunroof, dash board or whatever and had no idea he was there.)

I honestly had no idea we were racing nor do I involve myself in that kind of stuff that often, but I smoked him.

Then he started weaving and speeding all over the place in some sort of "I just got beat by what looks like lesbian grocery getter" loser dance.

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha, teh XT rules. I womped on a turbo Beetle whilst on my test drive. Wasn't even remotely close.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: On a related note

Originally posted by dsel
    "I just got beat by what looks like lesbian grocery getter" loser dance.
    That's great ,man
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Fear the station wagon! El Camino Powa!

Para

never had the opportunity to drive one- how do they compare to the wrx?

str
    My XT is a damn nice car. A little roomer and overal a nicer interior than my old Rex. Feels just as quick, if not quicker than when mw Rex was stock. However, is sure dosen't handle like a WRX.
    2004 Black Forester XT

what kinda turbo is the fxt running? same as sti vf-39? or wrx td04?
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by dlin
    never had the opportunity to drive one- how do they compare to the wrx?
    The thing that really struck me about it was how quiet it was compared to the Rex. It felt slower - I know it isn't. My hearing sucks, so I'm not positive it's the same for everyone, but the engine sound is really muffled. No turbo whine could be detected. It also has a vastly different ride. Shocks, road feel is SUV, not sportscar, with the high ground clearance.

Amazing visibility - tons of glass, excellent sunroof. Seems like a cathedral ceiling in there. You could comfortable sit in there if you're like 6'8".

When I'm in the market for a newer bigger car, though, I'm going to wait for the 275-HP legacy wagon due out in 05. At least that's what the salesman told me.

My father has one, and it has some serious low end that is for sure. Mod for mod, I am sure the XT would always be faster than the WRX in a staight line.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

Man, I will definitely have to get one when I am ready for a little more room, I had an s-10 Blazer before I bought my wrx so I would love to have something with more space without giving up any straightline performance. Is there a lot of aftermarket support right now? You mentioned that handling was not as good as wrx, but is it still pretty good for its size/ride height?

I think this company called cobbs or something like that is amking a handeling package. I think i am going to get 18 inch wheels and sway bars for my XT and then see what happens. and maybe lowering.

And then comes the power mods

str
    There's no question that my Forester feels quicker than my old Rex. It definetly has more low end tourque. I feel I could pull on a stock WRX, especialy off the line.
    2004 Black Forester XT

I just recently got an XT to replace my WRX, which had an unfortunate run-in with a baby duck and a telephone pole (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) The XT is a different animal than the WRX for sure. One word.. TORQUE! I haven't had the opportunity to put 1000 miles on it yet, so haven't pushed it too much, but it definitey can get up and go. Visibility is great, better interior, and more of a sleeper than even the WRX wagon, but does not feel as sporty due to the suspension.

I am of the opinion that this vehicle could seriously benifit from a couple of mods, like a bigger intercooler (is about the size of a 2x4), bigger turbo, and most importantly some engine management. I call BS on Subaru's claim of 210 HP, it is certainly underrated, and with a few mods would be the equivalent of an STI wagon I bet.

I also wish there was an option for the leather and sunroof with the manual (that is what I have), those options only come with the auto. I have never diven an auto WRX, but did test drive an auto XT, and I am willing to bet that extra .5 L of displacement and the variable valve timing would make a big difference if you are an auto transission type.

After the mods, all I will need is a vanity license plate that reads "lesmo" and a rainbow-colored Indigo Girls sticker

My wife has a silver Lightning (which I am not allowed to drive), and the Forester looks like its baby sister sitting in the driveway, btw the fatest driveway in the neighborhood...
    2004 Platinum XT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast