Forester XT vs. Infiniti G35 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Infiniti G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I traded my WRX wagon in back in January and got me a black XT. Right now I have a ...

I traded my WRX wagon in back in January and got me a black XT. Right now I have a little over 3k miles on it. I can honestly say that the XT can take a WRX stock for stock. Just like a lot of other owners, I felt the XT's handling just plainly sucked. Even after owning it for a few weeks I was ready to let my wife have it and I would just take her car. Since then I have put on a set of 17" Rota Tarmac 2's with summer tires and the STI 20mm rear sway bar. It is an astonishing transformation with only these to upgrades. Curves that I took at 65-70mph in my WRX I can also take in my XT. I stand by my claim and I truly feel this vehicle performs just as well if not better than my WRX with 17" wheels and tires alone. Anyone who doubts me, come and take a ride.
    Oh, btw, sorry for the highjack

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by B-Rex
    I just recently got an XT to replace my WRX, which had an unfortunate run-in with a baby duck and a telephone pole (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.) The XT is a different animal than the WRX for sure. One word.. TORQUE! I haven't had the opportunity to put 1000 miles on it yet, so haven't pushed it too much, but it definitey can get up and go. Visibility is great, better interior, and more of a sleeper than even the WRX wagon, but does not feel as sporty due to the suspension.

I am of the opinion that this vehicle could seriously benifit from a couple of mods, like a bigger intercooler (is about the size of a 2x4), bigger turbo, and most importantly some engine management. I call BS on Subaru's claim of 210 HP, it is certainly underrated, and with a few mods would be the equivalent of an STI wagon I bet.

I also wish there was an option for the leather and sunroof with the manual (that is what I have), those options only come with the auto. I have never diven an auto WRX, but did test drive an auto XT, and I am willing to bet that extra .5 L of displacement and the variable valve timing would make a big difference if you are an auto transission type.

After the mods, all I will need is a vanity license plate that reads "lesmo" and a rainbow-colored Indigo Girls sticker

My wife has a silver Lightning (which I am not allowed to drive), and the Forester looks like its baby sister sitting in the driveway, btw the fatest driveway in the neighborhood...
    i have the one with the leather
    but then i have auto and auto is alot slower then manual.

and about being under rated i totaly agree. i think subaru did that because they didnt want to rate there suv the same hp as the wrx

Does anybody know if the wrx's performance parts will fit in the xt.

and jarex why did you only do the rear sway bars. and where did you get them from. Does it still feel like an suv?

It's too bad the Forester doesn't handle very good, because the wrx wasn't known as a good handling car in the first place.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12