15 PSI/turboback WRX vs. '00 Stang GT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 15 PSI/turboback WRX vs. '00 Stang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night on the way to a car meet, a newer model (1999+ 260 HP/300TQ) Mustang GT came along side ...

15 PSI/turboback WRX vs. '00 Stang GT

Last night on the way to a car meet, a newer model (1999+ 260 HP/300TQ) Mustang GT came along side me and started revving. I'm not one to race alot, but I will admit I've been waiting to try my car against a new GT for a while. We both hit it at freeway speeds and I pulled about a car and a half on him in roughly 5 seconds. We messed around a little bit after that, but no other 'real runs'. I was ecstatic! I'd heard that a car with my mods (MBC set to 15 PSI in 4th, turboback, uppipe, Short shifter) was supposed to be able to beat a GT. But I had no idea I could take him so easily on top end! Granted I think he was stock, but hey, chalk one up for the Rex!
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Luv whippin those stangs
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yeah I'm waiting for my first stang kill. Good Job Good Kill.

good kill, but contrary to popular belief, the 99 and up GT's are not that fast(well at least not w/o FI)

have one w/ full exhaust, intake, ECU
    best run was 14.08

just FYI for when one rolls alongside
    271whp/240wtq
    MODS
    mauromotorsports

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    you are getting cocky young one...maybe I need to make a trip up there and bring you back to earth

Good kill on the GT...

You could have run my GT at anytime before I sold it
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by rexnprogress
    good kill, but contrary to popular belief, the 99 and up GT's are not that fast(well at least not w/o FI)

best run was 14.08

is your stang auto or manual?

if its 5speed... no offense, but there is something wrong with your car, or you suck at driving. people get those times stock, very easily and with your mods people are running low 13's regularly. if you are auto, those are pretty nice times.

auto stangs are only good for high 14's low 15's (gt form)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by rexnprogress

best run was 14.08

hahah I have 3 friends who run mid 12s in theirs with only bolt ons and at full weight....Many more who are 13.1-13.3 with minor mods...

Yes, some are slow but the 99+ GTs are high 13 sec cars stock in the hands of a capable driver.
    when I had my GT (before the supercharger went in) and just had xpipe, pulleys, 4.10 gears, and intake I barely ever lost a race...
    2003 SRT-4

until a guy pulls up to you with a stock....... CBR 1000, GSX-R1000, or R1. Game over. Everyone loses at least once. Heehee.

i didnt think the 99 had 260 horse/300 tourqe. im pretty sure even the 2003 had 240 horse only. i could be worng though. stock i mean.

Originally posted by shiro9
    i didnt think the 99 had 260 horse/300 tourqe. im pretty sure even the 2003 had 240 horse only. i could be worng though. stock i mean.
    i believe it remained the same. although in 02 the cobra's were VERY overrated from the factory and were not producing the factory numbers, so many were recalled.
    Just call me Clark Kent

There wasnt an 02 cobra..they skipped to the 03 s/c'd one right from the 01 .

Originally posted by wrxnick
    There wasnt an 02 cobra..they skipped to the 03 s/c'd one right from the 01 .
    seems you are right, it must have been the 00 or 01 then.
    i know one of the newer style cobras (pre-FI) had hp numbers that didnt produce factory claims which led to a recall. i think thats why they didnt make any in 02' probably trying to fix the glitches from the previous year
    Just call me Clark Kent

shiro: The 99+ GT's all had 260hp/302tq...

The 99 cobras had 320hp/317tq but when they first came out, DTR Maxima, they were down on power...Ford recalled them and fixed em...there was no 2000 cobra (besides the cobra R) due to this problem...then they made them in 01 again, still at 320/317 and then none in 02...then the 03s hit the shelves and they are just rediculous.
    2003 SRT-4

Thanks for all the replies guys It was a pretty exciting run. Hopefully I can stop myself for now on from running on the freeway. I need to ge ta radar/laser detector to to keep me from running blind. Any suggestions?

Props again to that GT for having a pretty quick stock car

Later all
    Easy Street WRX in Avatar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.