What music do you listen to when racing? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What music do you listen to when racing? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My favorite driving tune: 4 handed boxer by Bosal...

I Support ClubWRX
    My favorite driving tune: 4 handed boxer by Bosal
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no music wins! i knew i couldn't be the only one that likes or even needs the music off when racing. I think i switch into serious mode so i need everything im coming with!

Road racing, or long runs is very different. I love music then. To calm and pacify. But on a drag race there is just too much in such a small amount of time and so much that can go wrong.
    The funny thing is, you can hear more of the internals of the car with ear plugs in. Odd phenominon, but true nonetheless.

I'll only listen to music when in stupid little street skirmishes. When I'm in the canyon's it's the noise of squealing tires and my rumbling boxer.

KMFDM has some good stuff

but i agree, i think the sound of the exhaust would good enough for me.

When I find myself a nice little race, My heartbeat goes up and the volume goes down.

I cant concentrate on the race if i have music blasting. I must hear the other can, and mine. Sometimes i even crack my window open if its shut, so i can hear better.

I dislike the M Coupe in this aspect, because as the RPMs rise, so does the volume electronically. IE if im listening to my music cranked at a stop light and the guy next to me wants a taste, I slam on the gas, the RPMs skyrocket, and my ears bleed and the windows break

I HATE it when i forget to cut the volume before i race.
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

no cats + no muffler at all + txs rfl = 4 cyl turbo symphony
    Mine's the blue one.

I enjoy trance, paul okenfold, or sandra collins. very good for freeway drivin, makes you feel like you're invincible and a master behind the wheel. Trust me, i wasn't into techno before i started driving to it, highly recommend. I wouldn't recommend in traffic, lolz. try it, you will be surprised, fast paced action !!
    '00 2.5RS

Originally posted by silverscooby
    I'm with the other guys who don't listen to any music. Most of the time I'm listening for the other guy to hit it or any "strange" noises if you know what I mean.

There is also something about a boxer engine with a nice turbo at WOT that makes you not want to listen to music anyway.
    True that.

I agree

I usually turn down whatever im listening to. i like to sound of to roaring engines going through gears. sometimes i even forget to turn the music back up

frederick
    Hks up/dp/ebc/ti exh; TeIN springs:
    kartboy ss; blitz bov; volk gt-c

...n we're just getting started

13.4@99mph

Since i am a more laid back, ill listen to downtempo stuff.
    anyways, concentrating on the road at high speed, should be your top priority. You are (I am) already being stupid for racing on public streets, so we might as well be less stupid, and try to focus on what you are doing. It may save your @ss!!! (in a life sense, not a win/loss sense)
    also
    I think its a better idea to have no music, so when you hear sirens, you know its time to pull over.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Originally posted by MidnightFLAT4
    I think its a better idea to have no music, so when you hear sirens, you know its time to pull over.

a very cold, harsh reality... haha
    Mine's the blue one.

sarah mclaughlin...

...what?
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

when im at the track its a must to turn the music down, i listen to it in the staging lanes but when i pull into lane 1 or 2 the volume goes down and my heart beat goes way up^! even though ive raced a thousand times i still get excited and almost a little nervous enough to bring my pulse up.
    blah blah blah....i don't like you. BANNED!

techno in the twisties, still there but low volume on freeway. launching, no music.

I also think Yanni really builds the adrenaline, cuz you want to kill him and get all angry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.