rex vs. cadillac cts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rex vs. cadillac cts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well let me start off by saying that I normally don't street race, especially high speed runs but..... Ok, I ...

Thumbs up rex vs. cadillac cts

Well let me start off by saying that I normally don't street race, especially high speed runs but.....

Ok, I was on the freeway going 5 over when this guy in a new CTS with temp tags jumps right in front of me. There was a car in front of both of us but I could tell he wanted to go. As soon as I saw the car in front move, I could tell the freeway was wide open for as far as I could see. I thought what the hell and rev matched to 3rd when at the same time I saw carbon from his exhaust. Well I started off at 65 & ~2-3 cars back and by 100 I was coming up hard on his bumper. I shut down at 120 then thought oh sh1t I really shouldn't have done that.

I really didn't know what to expect, but from a roll that high I thought it would be different. Oh yeah he didn't shut down till probably 140 and made a B-line for the next exit...I guess he was surprised too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah, I only have a gutted up & dp as far as performance mods go.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good run. Be lucky you weren't facing off against a CTS-V. Those are just amazing cars and a smokin' deal.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That was the V6 CTS, right?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Yeah, I was surprised pulling that much on a regular CTS at that high of speed, it may have been AT. I just wish we would've started off side by side.
    CTS-V would have just left me sitting still, but it would've been a sweet death.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I think That CTS-V has the Corvette engine and tranny in it.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Old CTS came with a 3.2L with 220HP. 2004 autos and 2004.5 and up manuals (with 6 speed manual now) have a 3.6L 255HP stock. Autos are doing high 14s in the quarter, with low 6 sec runs to sixty. Manual might pull off a 6 second flat 0-60, with a quarter mile in the mid 14s in the high 90s.

Great cars, especially with the 3.6L!

-B
    Last edited by Beanboy; 03-30-2004 at 10:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.