Stock 04 Rex VS new M3........
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock 04 Rex VS new M3........ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok let me just start out by saying something was definitely wrong here. Anyway, on to the race. I was ...

Stock 04 Rex VS new M3........

Ok let me just start out by saying something was definitely wrong here. Anyway, on to the race. I was on the highway heading up to my girls house in Concord, NH. I was just cruizing at about 80mph not looking for any races or whatever. Well, I make my way up to the Hooksette tolls. I roll up to dump my change and this new M3 rolls up right next to me. He gets out of the toll first and I'm right behind him. It was nice out last night so I had my windows half down. As I'm behind him I hear him accelerate hard and run out 1st gear. Well, I'm like, what the heck. I'll get destroyed but I'll play. I run out 1st, then 2nd. I'm right on this guys ass and he's still running out the end of his gears. I hit third and this is what I don't get. I pull on him and pass him near the end of 3rd gear. As I pass him I can hear his car running out the end of 3rd gear. So I'm assuming he was trying. I take it up to about 100mph, shut down, and he was still behind me. Someone tell me what was up. He sounded like he was trying. Oh well I just thought I'd post it so I could get some oppinions.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the new M3's are slow from what i hear...im not sure about the topend

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by ShoalinStyle7
    the new M3's are slow from what i hear...im not sure about the topend
    Um, no. They're fast.

I don't know what happened in that race, but good kill. Sounds like a broken M3 to me.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    Um, no. They're fast.

I don't know what happened in that race, but good kill. Sounds like a broken M3 to me.
    What i meant to say was the new M3's are slower then the older ones
    Last edited by ShoalinStyle7; 03-27-2004 at 02:28 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    The new M3's are slower then the older ones
    If you say so.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Ike
    What i meant to say was the new M3's are slower then the older ones
    Dugs are bad, mmmmmmmmkay.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Ike
    Dugs are bad, mmmmmmmmkay.
    TRUE!!!

Even a Stage 4 WRX would have a hard time with an M3 from a roll. I have to say, my friend, he wasn't trying hard.

Yeah he def was broken or not trying. Those things are nice from a roll. Stage IV/FMIC/RA-Gears and I don't pull on them too hard. I pull harder on N/A 911's than E46 M3's....

Also the E46 M3's are signifcantly faster than the E36's were. I really want one as my next car.....

-Michael

E46 M3 is much faster than the pevious year (E36).
    i will chalk this upto bad driving or if he car was REALLY new, he didnt want to push it that hard. it could have been in a break in period.

those cars are good for mid to low 13's with good drivers. not to mention that they really become most powerful uptop so you pulling hard on him in 3rd gear upto near 100 is very odd.

none the less, you won, so good race and congrats.

I also want an E46 as my next car. I am going to have to wait quite some time before i get an M3 though. maybe after pharm school.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by DTR maxima

I also want an E46 as my next car. I am going to have to wait quite some time before i get an M3 though. maybe after pharm school.
    That would be teh sweet! I have a list of cars I'd like to buy after getting out of 9+ years of hell err, I mean, medical education. 911 Turbo...here I come (when I'm 64 and done paying off loans and have a walker).
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Yeah, I'm just dreaming haha. I graduate college in 3 months, then I'll be at the very bottom of the heap, hardly in any position to buy a $50K M3 Oh well, it's motivation!

-Michael

fre
    Hell if you pull on them why in the world would you want one? I mean besides the fact that they are nice luxury cars with a nice status associated with them.

Well, sometimes just because you can pull on a car doesn't mean you have the better ride. I'll always want to have a "fast" car but it would be amazing to have something like an E46 M3 as a daily driver. It's not always 100% about speed

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by fre
    Hell if you pull on them why in the world would you want one? I mean besides the fact that they are nice luxury cars with a nice status associated with them.
    99 times out of 100, even a modded WRX will get its doors blown by an e46 m3...they're FAST, handle well, brake, and get the girls...

M3 > WRX
    2003 SRT-4

fre
    Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    99 times out of 100, even a modded WRX will get its doors blown by an e46 m3...they're FAST, handle well, brake, and get the girls...

M3 > WRX
    I agree about the girls part, but if you just care about speed then it could be had for much less, that is all I am saying. And a wrx with the right setup i.e. 18g, 7xx injectors would probably take a stock m3. I wouldn't mind trying one out with my setup, but he would probably edge me out, especially on the top end

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.