Stock 04 Rex VS new M3........ - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Stock 04 Rex VS new M3........ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my bad i guess i was goin by what i had heard i really dont know anything about them although ...

my bad i guess i was goin by what i had heard i really dont know anything about them

although they do look very nice, a girl at my school has one and everytime i walk buy it i want to steal it

Schaf you go to UMBC?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

m3 drivers arent the best off launch....i keep challenging this one local guy with my wrx but his afraid....he keeps wanting to go highway run...and i'm not stupid...i'm not modded that much...i'd get destroyed highway

you think he was one gear higher than you?? your in 1st his in 2nd.....your in 2nd his in 3rd....even than highway he might pull on you..even an sti would get pulled on really bad on a highway if sti is stock.... i know a site that does comparison on cars...some 0-150 even......its down right so i'll show you guys later how bad even an sti would get owned on a highway roll
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I try not to race anyone from a roll,that's the beauty of AWD
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

hahah yeah.....but racing cars off a roll where our car is supposed to be weak...and still beating them...feels ten times better...plus they cant say its just cause of ''awd''
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I know a couple of kids with e46 M3's . I can vouch for theyre speed and handeling .. Infact one of them smokes a 2001 saleen 289 s/c'd all day long, its kinda funny to watch a N/A straight 6 smoke a S/C'd v8 ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by wrxnick
    I know a couple of kids with e46 M3's . I can vouch for theyre speed and handeling .. Infact one of them smokes a 2001 saleen 289 s/c'd all day long, its kinda funny to watch a N/A straight 6 smoke a S/C'd v8 ...
    281, no 289 stangs for quite some time...

The 01 Saleen S281 supercharged coupes made 350hp vs the M3's 333...so its a drivers race. I smoked numerous M3s in my last GT stang w/blower...
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by fre
    Hell if you pull on them why in the world would you want one? I mean besides the fact that they are nice luxury cars with a nice status associated with them.
    go drive an M3... you will answer your own question. a car that is fast is nice, a car that contributes well to resembling the aspect of a performance car is evern nicer. handling, speed, refinement, quality, smoothness, rediculously awesome trans....... it all makes up A "REAL" car.
    although, for the money, i think the wrx does a darn good job of pleasing all worlds of automotive enthusiasm

Originally posted by wrxnick
    its kinda funny to watch a N/A straight 6 smoke a S/C'd v8 ...
    yeah, its amazing what good engineering can accomplish
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by Integra96
    That would be teh sweet! I have a list of cars I'd like to buy after getting out of 9+ years of hell err, I mean, medical education. 911 Turbo...here I come (when I'm 64 and done paying off loans and have a walker).
    haha, i know how you feel. i still have 6 years left, if all goes as planned (and it often doesnt) i think i am going to take a bunch of summer school to finish early.

what type of med are your entering? are you in med school yet?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by Schaf100
    Yeah he def was broken or not trying. Those things are nice from a roll. Stage IV/FMIC/RA-Gears and I don't pull on them too hard. I pull harder on N/A 911's than E46 M3's....

Also the E46 M3's are signifcantly faster than the E36's were. I really want one as my next car.....

-Michael
    you don't? I raced one while I was in novi last time and was pulling. I have no reason to make sht up, not my style.

confusing. m3's are pimp, don't get me wrong. just confused? heh
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    haha, i know how you feel. i still have 6 years left, if all goes as planned (and it often doesnt) i think i am going to take a bunch of summer school to finish early.

what type of med are your entering? are you in med school yet?
    I start in mid-July. Don't know what specialty yet, but I don't have to decide that until med school is almost over (applying for residency).
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by ShoalinStyle7
    the new M3's are slow from what i hear

wow

Originally posted by Integra96

I don't know what happened in that race, but good kill. Sounds like a broken M3 to me.
    Race? there was no race there! There is NO possible way he was racing! Here's a thought... have you ever heard a newer M under normal driving condions? Simple acceleration up to highway speed sounds gnarly... even if the driver isn't stepping on it. Perhaps he was just getting up to speed... haha

And on another note, you would never go gear for gear with him... by the time he hit the end of his thrird gear, you would be looking for 5th! ENDLESS 3rd on the E46
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

i have raced the new age M3, twice, and for one second, i thought I was keeping up with the car, 'till the driver punched that throttle and literally walked away from me.

that's how fast they are.

My m3 buddy stopped at my place last saturday. Just to watch him take off his soft top at the press of a button., was exciting. Sure I can pull from a m3 from a dig... for a little bit.
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

mistaken identity perhaps?? 325/330Ci maybe unless you positively saw the badge and the quad tail pipe...

if you r sure it's a M3, then he probably wasn't really trying. Couple friends of mine all have the new M3. I can tell you that the engine/exhaust combine is loud even at around 4-5k rpm. If you really rev it up to redline that thing will scream.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12