My STi vs LS1 Vette (from a dig)

This is a discussion on My STi vs LS1 Vette (from a dig) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally got a real race (from a dig) with an LS1 Vette. We ran from a dead stop to ...

My STi vs LS1 Vette (from a dig)

I finally got a real race (from a dig) with an LS1 Vette. We ran from a dead stop to 120mph. I don't really know the guy but I see him in the area where I live. He asked me if I wanted to race and I said sure. So we went out to a spot close to the neighborhood and had us a great race.

I dropped the clutch at 4500 rpms and jumped about 2 cars in front of him right off the bat (I should have - I've been pulling
    1.67 sec 60' times at our local 1/8 mile). When I shifted into 2nd gear and pulled about 1/2 car more. I shifted into 3rd gear and basically stayed about 2- 2 1/2 cars in front of him. I slammed 4th gear and we stayed right were we were. I shifted into 5th and continued to keep him about 2 cars back. At 120 mph I let off and he did the same. I was all smiles.

We pulled into a gas station a talked for a few minutes. He asked me how much HP I was making. I told him " 330hp - 340 hp". He was suprised. He thought I was making a lot more than that. I said " no thats about it" " I've done the exhaust, intake, and I'm running more boost than stock." He said '' wow, I was right behind you all the way but couldn't catch you". He was really cool. Instead of being upset, he was all smiles, and he just hung out and talked to me. I lifted up my hood and showed him my engine and basically explained what he was looking at.
    (turbo, boost controller, down pipe, etc) He was impressed.

Pretty cool experience, especially scince I wasn't looking for a race. I just ran into the right person at the right time.

Oh, his Vette was bone stock and an automatic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if he was manual it would have been a bit closer, the manuals are supposedly 13.0-13.1 second cars in the 1/4, the autos are much much slower

WRX
    aren't autos almost always much much slower?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

nice friendly people are so cool

sounds like a great race - nice to meet other cool enthusiasts