Evo Mr!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo Mr! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just read about all the specs for the EVO MR. The cars sounds fast, looks good too! I have an ...

Evo Mr!

Just read about all the specs for the EVO MR. The cars sounds fast, looks good too! I have an 04 REX with Intake, MBC, Cat-back and Uppipe and honestly i think i will stop here modifying the car. I think im going to save my money and get the EVO MR because i have spent too much money on my rex in just repairs alone. I just paid over $1000 today on repairs. I like the rex but i think the EVO MR is more for its money and its really mod friendly car. Thats just my opinion
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What kinda repairs on an '04? Just curious.
    I got an '04 as well and have thought about getting an EVO but just can't bring myself to part with the extra money....great car though.

I had some damage to my center diff due to an accident but the insurance would not cover it because they said it was my fault because i drove it to the dealer that way. On top of that Subaru would not cover my broken stock uppipe which i had to get an after market one because they wanted to charge me over a grand because they would not cover it because they said my intake caused it. My car has been to the dealer more than i can count and im really fed up with the car, dont get me wrong its a great car, i just prefer a car that is fast out of the box and it responds really good to basic bolt ons.
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

fre
    Trust me, there are plenty of Evo owners in the same situation you are and hate their cars just as much. You just happen to have bad luck and wreck your car. I haven't wrecked mine seriously and it has responded more then decently to basic bolt ons. I am making over 100 more hp then stock

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    haha, I thought this thread read "EVO, MISTER!" HAHAHA

but yea, the MR is sweettt....
    2003 SRT-4

From what I read the MR will MSRP for 33k and there are a lot of differences from the current evo. Just by the numbers the car puts out 280HP and 295 ft/lb of torque. It does come with ACD(active center differential) but i would still rather pay 3k less and get the STi and mod it with the extra 3k i saved not buying the MR.
    R.I.P. 04 Java Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    Wanted - 99 - 01 2.5 RS Coupe Any Color

i'm surprised i haven't seen you guys jeering about the EVO RS which has 300 pounds less in it which means it only costs 26,xxxk and does 0-60 in 4-10th's of a second quicker than the current EVO, that's what you should be worried about running into, the even scarier part of it is that it doesn't have the wing so it looks like a regular lancer with a front fascia body kit.... be scared, be verrrry scared, haha

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    i'm surprised i haven't seen you guys jeering about the EVO RS which has 300 pounds less in it which means it only costs 26,xxxk and does 0-60 in 4-10th's of a second quicker than the current EVO, that's what you should be worried about running into, the even scarier part of it is that it doesn't have the wing so it looks like a regular lancer with a front fascia body kit.... be scared, be verrrry scared, haha

no, you should be scared of my 1981 toyota corolla sr-5 that runs 10s in the 1/4 mile...

well not yet atleast, but soon as i put my wrx in the 12s... the build on the corolla begins

yeah, but the thing with the RS is that it has no options. its a bare bones, no option car, and IMO isnt worth the money. base evo is much better.
    if you wanted a bare bones speed monster, just get a CRX, gut it a bit, and but in a b18c1 with hybrid t3/t4 and run consistant 11's with tunning for about 14grand or less.

Miguel: there are many EVO guys that are having similar problems and want to get rid of their car because of all the crap with repairs and warranty issues.
    Mitsubishi just introduced a 100,000 mile warranty for the EVO also, so if you plan to stay stock on the evo, its your best bet. fast car and a 100k mile warranty would rock. but if you plan to mod, you will be in the same boat as you are with your rex. they are almost as strict as SOA, and sometime worse.

Personally If you plan to stay stock, i would still take the EVO MR over an sti. its a couple grand more, but if you are staying stock, you get a 100kmile warranty. I think its well worth it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by kosoku
    From what I read the MR will MSRP for 33k and there are a lot of differences from the current evo. Just by the numbers the car puts out 280HP and 295 ft/lb of torque. It does come with ACD(active center differential) but i would still rather pay 3k less and get the STi and mod it with the extra 3k i saved not buying the MR.
    Last time I checked, the MSRP on an STi was over $32K and the sticker on the few I saw at the dealer were over $35K. Where are you guys fininding STi's for $30K?

The RS has an urban jungle package that basically puts most of the weight back on (all I remember right now is the stereo and power windows, but there is more) Also there is supposedly only 500 RS's coming here so they will be marked up by mitsu dealers and you can recognize them by the black door handles, rims, and brakes, and hood vents, if you get a close enough look. As for the MR nothing is certain that it will be coming to the US market, definately not in the next year as an 04 and probably not as an 05 unless mitsu sells all of their current 03 Evos and the 1600 or so slated for 04. Get an STi, I got mine for 28900 and I am sure you can get it cheaper than that if you look hard enough and find a dealer with a couple on the lot.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Last time I checked, the MSRP on an STi was over $32K and the sticker on the few I saw at the dealer were over $35K. Where are you guys fininding STi's for $30K?
    Everywhere actually, I have friends that got their 31 out the door.

The MR sounds cool, but check out the FQ300!

FQ300

Road and Track's "Speed" magazine has just come out with an article on them and said the MR will be in the US at the end of this year, most likely Oct or Nov. R&T said they will most likely go under a different name in the US like "Evolution Ralliart Edition". I actually just got back from my Mitsu dealer and they have been hearing the same thing. Unless something unplanned hinders it, expect to see at least a few of them headed our way by years end.

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Road and Track's "Speed" magazine has just come out with an article on them and said the MR will be in the US at the end of this year
    Yeah and weren't R&D the ones that also said the evo VI was coming a couple of years back. Point is I won't believe it til I see them in U.S. showrooms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.