Evo Mr! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Evo Mr! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 800 MR edition Evos will be here the 3rd week of September, my damn Mitsu dealer just called to see ...

800 MR edition Evos will be here the 3rd week of September, my damn Mitsu dealer just called to see if I was intrested. 0-60 in 4.3 and the quarter mile in 12.9 at 107 mph stock? of course I am intrested. Now if I can just get them to take this Roush off my hands...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Evo Mr!

Originally posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    Just read about all the specs for the EVO MR. The cars sounds fast, looks good too! I have an 04 REX with Intake, MBC, Cat-back and Uppipe and honestly i think i will stop here modifying the car. I think im going to save my money and get the EVO MR because i have spent too much money on my rex in just repairs alone. I just paid over $1000 today on repairs. I like the rex but i think the EVO MR is more for its money and its really mod friendly car. Thats just my opinion
    get ready to throw down another $6000 to replace your motor, unless you run outside and rip that intake and mbc off your car right now. mbc is a no-no for 04's.

Originally posted by Schaf100
    [B]The MR sounds cool, but check out the FQ300!
    you mean the...FQ-340
    Last edited by wrxwex; 07-26-2004 at 05:55 AM.
    2004 PSM sedan - 5 speed
    helix rsb + endlinks/gutted uppipe/whiteline steering rack bushings
    stg II next spring...
    AIM: maxler3
    gutted up pipe for sale - $60 shipped anywhere in the US. pm for details

go check out evolutionm.net before u just jump the gun on the evo. So many people are selling there evos right now b/c of the huge bill they pay every month for gas, insurance + repairs. Thats what steered me away from buying a slightly used evo and got a brand new wrx. The oly prob. i have had so far were the rotors warped and the dealer covered that for free.

Evo owners are selling there cars like mad b/c tehy are afriad of mitsu going under or just are like you, fed up with paying soo much for fixing things. Granted, your bill was due to differnt things, such as...you modded your car, therefor you chose to loose your warranty. While the evo guys just have to buy new clutches very often and other crap like that. Just go to that site and talk to some of them.

I didnt have a single problem with my Evo for the year and a half and over 19K miles I had it. Its the idiots who launch the thing at 6K RPM's that are going to start having clutch and other problems, what car wouldnt when you treat it like that? I would launch at about 3-4K and I won nearly every car I raced because there is very little differencr between launching it at 3K or 6K, maybe one tenth of a second if that. As long as you get it up to around 3K where the turbo juices up, its a go. You wont kill the car launching that low either, its a great car and you should have no problems with it if you treat it well.

After following the Subaru boards for a few years and the Evo counterpart for about a year now I have come to a conclusion: Neither car has an inherently weak transmission, some people just can't drive. For every horror story of a tranny grenading, I read about 10 people who have ridiculous power without any problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12