just about stock wrx vs. new c5 vette - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on just about stock wrx vs. new c5 vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To respond to your ignorant comment about John Force and his rear wheel drive I will respond by saying, LOOK ...

To respond to your ignorant comment about John Force and his rear wheel drive I will respond by saying, LOOK AT THE TIRES, they are not exactly what you see on a C5 on the street. If you know anything about a car with loads of torque (which a C5 does) and you are a little too anxious you will just spin and go nowhere, kind of like communicating with YOU. The WRX on the other hand has four tires putting power to the ground so off the line advantage goes to WRX. And like I said, after about 40 - 50 the C5 will pull on a WRX.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh Jesus, now you are trying to act like I said I didnt want to tape it. The offer is ALL in one sentence. I am ready to film it, I have helmet cams, and the whole 9 yards. You show me a stock WRX, and Ill find the Stock C5, ill show you a whooped WRX.

C5
    zero to 60 mph 4.72 sec (Six-speed)/5.05 sec (Automatic)
    Quarter mile 13.4 sec @ 109.4 mph
    Top Speed 172 mph

WRX
    Zero to 60 mph 5.9 sec 5.9 sec
    Zero to 100 mph 17.5 sec 17.3 sec
    Standing 1/4-mile 14.6 sec @ 93 mph 14.5 sec @ 93 mph
    Top speed (drag limited) 145 mph 139 mph

Oh whats that? Faster from take off? I dont think so. Car and Driver says not.
    These are FACTS, not street bull****.

if anyone beens to the track...and if anyone has ran there car @ the track....i bet you guys have taken a lot more cars than your supposed to.the c5 stock is supposed to run from 13.3 13.5 with perfect driver .....its top end owns ...but off a launch...unless the guy can handle all that torque.....a wrx should outlaunch him easily and than get reeled in later on....of course if some young kid is driving a vette and cant handlle the power....plus the fact that guy said vette driver gave up at like 50...of course wrx would still be ahead.....1.8 60 ft times are common with wrx...good kill
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

the cyndicate....are you retarded or something???..first of all ...that's with perfect drivers....and an AWD car is a hell of a lot easier 2 launch than a rwd car with ALL that torque and power...yeah there supposed to run mid 13's ...and yeah wrx runs 14.2-14.5 stock...but you made your own point...the guy didn't say he raced him 1/4mile at a test track for road and track or whoever the helll......it was on the street...so it is street bull****...with some 22 year prep driving his daddys car.....guy took him off a launch up to 50 which is very believable....plus ..for about 100 u can run 13.6 with a wrx....just an mbc u can run about 13.7 and get a home made sprayer kit like that one guy running 13.5 wiht just mbc and homemade sprayer...plus..dont forget ....not many wrx cars you see on the street are gonna be stock...unless its brand new or some old dude is driving it.....its a turbo car.....very moddable....and pretty damn cheap car to mod...i bet about half the wrx owners on this site will take a stock vette 1/4 mile off a launch....think about it before you call bs....trial and error of a launch is a hell of a lot more than from a roll...if it was from a roll....than we would all be putting up bs flags...you get a stock vette...and come run my wrx off a launch at a quarter mile track...lets see what happens..unlesss your a perfect driver..i'll probably take you
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I've received complaints about this thread. Take it easy guys, ok? I don't want to have to keep closing threads!
    2010 SSM STI

Cyndicate...Those numbers from R&T should not even be entered in this equation, as they were recorded by professional drivers who had no disregard for the longetivity of the car. R&T recorded the RX8 at 5.9 0-60 using an 8000 RPM clutch drop, and no self-respecting owner who paid 35k of their own pocket is going to be stupid enough to try to reproduce that on a consistant basis(I hope). Take this: pretend the WRX had a perfect launch (5.6 0-60 is possible with the WRX) and the C5 bogged pretty hard (lets tack on .8 seconds to the 0-60 times) If they shut down at around 60, the C5 and 'rex would be fairly even. So yes, it is possible for a WRX to beat a C5 on the street. Not a flame, bro, just the facts.
    Last edited by VitaminWRX; 03-27-2004 at 09:41 PM.

cyndiate, you are stoned out of your mind. a stock c5 isn't half the car you are making it out to be. it's a fast car, no doubt - but you have serious issues if you believe anything you are saying.

I have pulled on c5's without problems, so don't sit there with yer comic book collection and say a sti will get smoked. you assclown.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think anyone has anything else worth saying..
    2010 SSM STI

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.