Back to Back: A tale of a boy and his wagon.

This is a discussion on Back to Back: A tale of a boy and his wagon. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cliff Notes: Coming home from gym. Race with cool guy in new Tiburon, and race with a guy with low ...

Back to Back: A tale of a boy and his wagon.

Cliff Notes: Coming home from gym. Race with cool guy in new Tiburon, and race with a guy with low self esteem in a Mazda 3.

Cast: 2002 WRX WRB Wagon - Dealer Supension upgrade, prodrive axleback, K&N pannel filter

Red Hyundai Tiburon V6 - Brand New
    Silver Mazda 3 - Brand New

Last night I had met my wife at the Gym, I was planning to beat her in a race or two since we were driving home in separate cars. But by the time we got off the freeway we had been separated so I missed out on the chance to pick on the Eclipse GT. But as I pulled up to the light as luck would have it I did end up behind a brand new, dealers plates still firmly adhered to the back, V6 Tiburon. It was red, and a Tiburon, I don’t think there was anything more note worthy about it. Anyhow, as I had said before I was behind him at the light so I was of course starting at a disadvantage, and at this moment not even thinking race with him.

As the light turned green he moved off pretty quick and so did I, but getting into the lane next to him pretty quick. I am still not thinking race just going to pass him. But as I go to pass I realize he doesn’t want to let me so I know the race is on. So I started at a disadvantage, and yet me being as fair as I am and definitely not screwing up with my driving skills, I firmly hit the rev limiter in second before shifting to third. It is the only fair thing to do when you are at a guy’s bumper and gaining quickly. After my little bout with the rev limiter I shifted to third and passed him by about 85 and that was that. I stopped at the next light and he was turning right, I had looked over to see if there was going to be any reaction from the guy. Older fellow, middle aged white dude, when he pulled up next to me he stopped and help up four fingers while mouthing the words “is that four?” I held up four fingers and just nodded with a smile. He was a cool guy because he made a bit of a face and gave me thumbs up which I returned before he took his left.

Now in all the post “race” commotion I had failed to notice that I pulled up right behind a new….. Mazda 3. Yes folks I was a Giant killer this evening, huge names in the world of high powered automotive street racing. This car was silver, and again, dealer’s plates. It was the sedan version of the 3, which means the guy obviously has no taste since as we all know wagons are better. But the light turns green and once we are past the intersection I change lanes to get around him. Who would have figured he was going to do the same thing, trying to race a bit. Anyhow this time I was not so charitable and didn’t hit the rev limiter (and of course who red lines it against a Mazda 3?). By 65 I was past him and that was that. Of course when this fellow pulled up to my right side at the next light something really interesting must have been happening in the passenger seat of his car. He was about to pull his eyes away from it to look over at me.

Now I realize that a race between a Mazda 3 and a V6 Tiburon isn’t exactly what everyone is waiting to read. And even on the same night, one right after the other it isn’t overly compelling. But either way, it is always fun. Maybe I should try to get those two crazy kids together and let them race each other.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Back to Back: A tale of a boy and his wagon.

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    It was the sedan version of the 3, which means the guy obviously has no taste since as we all know wagons are better.

Enjoyable read LemonHerb, I appreciated being able to understand your post. It doesn't matter what you're up against, it's the other driver’s reaction that I like to hear about.

Wagons rule...wish they'd made an STi wagon.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Re: Re: Back to Back: A tale of a boy and his wagon.

Originally posted by eluminx

Enjoyable read LemonHerb, I appreciated being able to understand your post. It doesn't matter what you're up against, it's the other driver’s reaction that I like to hear about.
    You mean. "english is teh win"
    -Andrew

A tale of a boy and his wagon! LOL I love it!!!

Theres a Mazda 3 Sedan? Was it the brand new kind? 2005?
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

coupe, whatever.
    -Andrew

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    two guys that won't mess with a wagon any more.hehe.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

huge names in the world of high powered automotive street racing.
    good read