I take back everything i said about the WRX being slow on the highway
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I take back everything i said about the WRX being slow on the highway within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last evening I was on the highway and in my rearview mirror I saw a 2002 BMW behind me. we ...

I take back everything i said about the WRX being slow on the highway. M3 inside

Last evening I was on the highway and in my rearview mirror I saw a 2002 BMW behind me. we were both in the fast lane stuck behind some slow moving traffic. Eventually he cut across the middle lane to the far right lane and took off. I was in a playfull mood, so i dropped a couple gears and took off after him. Thats when i saw the quad exhaust tips and the M3 badge!

To make a long story short, he got back into a lane where he got slowed down by traffic again, and i kept on going straight in the empty lane, but i slowed down to about 130kph. As soon as i passed him, he darted back into my lane behind me. I took off right away. We went from about 130-200kph. He was pulling, but definitely not that quickly.

Who knows what gear he was in tho, or if he was just being cautious and decided to leave a couple car lengths between our bumpers. I have no doubt that he has the faster car, but its nice to know that we can have fun with the highway kings also. Needless to say, I have more respect for what the WRX can do on the highway.
    Last edited by br0kWRX; 06-26-2002 at 04:41 PM.
    Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Time for a unichip
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

this is what im thinking
    Brian

browrx,

Hey man, nice story. Question for you:

How much performance gain did you notice, going from having just a MBC to that and the PDE uppipe? I was considering the PDE pipe. Also at what PSI or BAR do you have your MBC set for.

Good death!
    -Joe
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

Hey man, Im running 14.5-15 psi right now. The PDE Upipe was actually my most recent mod, and i've had it for only 1 week. I can tell you tho, i deperately needed it, so the performance gain was pretty noticable.

But I think it makes a decent difference on even a completely stock WRX. The power comes of smoother, and it may be my imagination but it seems like it even added some top-end
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.