My First Kill...

This is a discussion on My First Kill... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, tonite I finally got my first kill. It wasn't against anything special, or necessarily fast to some of your ...

My First Kill...

Well, tonite I finally got my first kill. It wasn't against anything special, or necessarily fast to some of your standards, but a kill is a kill...

I'm turning out of a neighborhood onto a main road, and a Z24 Cavalier with rims/tires comes flying by me on the right side. I asked my buddy whom I was taking home if we could take the long way so I could smoke this guy, and he said sure...

Anyways, this guy turns right, so we follow him. He tears it up trying to leave me, but I just go normally chasing after him. He hits his brakes and I know it's on now...I pull up next to him, running about 4000-4500 in 3rd gear, and we punch it. I pulled on him bad, but I think he gave up pretty quick. I ended up about 4 bus-lengths ahead

Then the red light comes, horrible thing happened, I got the crappiest launch ever, just bogged it down. I wasn't ready for the light to turn green, but he was, he burned out and let it rip. I hit it once I got going I started to reel him in. But then he hit the brakes for some reason...Man I'd love to go at it again when I get a good launch, then it'd be fun

He gave me a nice wave as I turned off onto another road...

Just thought I'd share my first experience

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

awesome kill coming from littleton, co

now thats humor

i don't know how old you are or how long you've been driving(i assume manual) but it's really best to slip the clutch for a launch. your awd just has too much traction and you will bog unless you are smooth and sensuous with the pedals.

Haha, never thought about the Littleton thing...

I was in 8th grade when all of that stuff went down around here, but now I'm a freshman in college.

I'm aware to slip the clutch. I wasn't paying attention to the light, as I was trying to check out the guys ride. Before I even had time to rev up and slip it out (like I've been practicing every now and then) the light turned green and he burned on out...

Funny thing is I was already reeling him in before I hit 2nd gear...then he had to hit the damn brakes

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    my cousins grew up in Littleton
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by Chris G
    Funny thing is I was already reeling him in before I hit 2nd gear...then he had to hit the damn brakes
    Not surprised at all.....this way he can tell all his friends how he beat a WRX from a stop... and he isn't even (technically) lieing!

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

yeah, then his friends will probably say "wow he must have been a ****ty driver!"

and they won't be lying either!!!!

seriously- if you lack the sense it takes to refrain from street racing, you probably lack the skill it takes to street race safely.

still can't get over that you're from littleton

I usually never think about street racing, but since this guy came flying by me and then hit his brakes I figured what the heck, no one was on the road, seeing it was 11:15...

He can go tell his friends he beat a WRX from a stop to 40 mph

I don't get why it's THAT funny I'm from Littleton...

Originally posted by Chris G

I don't get why it's THAT funny I'm from Littleton...

It's really not. Just easily amused...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

wow Eli your everywhere.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

Thanks Eli, obviously the word kill has a couple different meanings, I'm sure he understands that, but for some reason it's funny to relate a little race to a tragic event that killed 13 innocent people...

I knew a lot of people that were in that school when that happened, so to me it's not really all that funny...

I'm not angry by any means, I am just surprised someone finds amusement outta that...

Originally posted by adam3482p
    wow Eli your everywhere.

yea, im trying to not take a nap before work... trying to stay awake...
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *