Is The Sti Realy Worht The Money???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is The Sti Realy Worht The Money??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; IS THE STI REALY WORTH ,120.....?.... if i do get a STI what are some of the stuff i should ...

Is The Sti Realy Worht The Money???

IS THE STI REALY WORTH $31,120.....?.... if i do get a STI what are some of the stuff i should get for it besides exaust? can u give me like a list of things in order?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd get a regular old rex and make it stage 4 with an EJ257 motorswap(engine in the sti) if you so choose.

With an sti you get:
    brembo brakes + 17' BBS rims and Potenza max perf. tires
    STI 6 speed transmission
    2.5 liter sti block vs. 2.0 liter stock wrx
    Sti mounts etc.
    sti suspension
    sti exhaust w catless up pipe
    VF series turbo
    Huge wing
    Red gauge cluster
    Brightly colored sti seats

It would be cheapest to mod a stock wrx to better than sti standards but the sti comes with a warranty for all those extras. Also if you do choose to go with the STI look on Ebay they are selling them for as low as 27g's. Hope this helps and next time remember to post such questions in a different forum

I Support ClubWRX
    Modding a stock WRX to STi and beyond capability will cost more than $31,000 total.

Performance wise, I'd say an STi is worth $50,000+. Granted, it's not the most refined or luxurious vehicle, but it's far from being crude and uninspired. Best bang for the buck in the automotive world today, IMO.

Turboback/boost creep fix/intake is an awesome place to start with an STi. Just those mods make for quite a fast car (as if the stock STi isn't fast!).
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

The STi is worth it, especially if you compare the cost of a new WRX plus all the mods to bring it up to the performance levels of the STi. If you also bought new aftermarket wheels, tires, brakes, lights, suspension, exhaust, tranny, engine, turbo, intercooler ..., the WRX would cost a lot more than the STi. And the STi would still be the one with a waranty.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

the sti is a great car right out of the box. You can make a wrx that outperforms the sti for less than 31,000, however. Numerous people are selling already modded wrx's with engine(turbo), suspension, braking, and basically every other aspect of performance for 18 grand or less with low mileage. If it were me i'd go with an already heavily modified wrx over the sti and would add anything else i so desired for less than the price of a new sti.

New > Not.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

To each his own. WRX89 if you have the cash for an sti and want a warranty go for it. If you dont care about possibly fixing things down the line and want max performance for the buck for the cheapest price go with a pre-owned and modded wrx.

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's my worthless .02

The STi is probaly one of the best cars in it's market (which may be small but still). It would take alot more money in a WRX to get it to the point of the STi. Sure people have modded wrx's for sale...but do you know how the car was built or driven prior to selling...why would someone be taking a HUGE hit on a NEW car is something wrong with it? Those are just the questions i'd ask. The STi is well worth it if you have it. Warranty is da shiz
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

It's worth it. For the $5000 price difference over a WRX you get alot of performance/upgrades.
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Here's my take on the situation. When considering the roughly $6,000 price difference between a WRX and an STi, the STi is definitely worth the extra money. It will take a lot more than the difference to modify a WRX to meet STi performance overall. And on the bright side, the STi will still have a full warranty, whereas a WRX that performs even close to an STi will probably have a void warranty and legally be an off-road vehicle.

However, there are a few factors to consider. On top of MSRP, you'll also have to pay for insurance (which I hear is somewhat costly for an STi) and increased fuel consumption (which some will argue is minimal, some will argue is a big factor), which will all end up in a smaller overall bank account. Also, even though it will take much more than $6,000 to make a WRX into a worthy overall competitor to the STi, not all of us need all of the STi's weaponry. Personally, I know that I would hardly push an STi to its fullest overall potential (meaning all sorts of dragging, auto-crossing, rallying, etc.). I doubt most STi owners ever do. In my case (considering money and my intentions), I would probably just go with a standard WRX, add a view things for looks (Subaru OEM kit), improved handling (17" rims and tires and lowering springs--nothing outrageous), better acceleration (ECU reflash or piggyback ECU, new exhaust components), and maybe some upgraded brake pads or lines. All that for less than the difference for a car that I'd be happy with. Let's be real: most of us don't need the full 300 hp/300 lb.-ft (even though it would definitely be a blast, until you start getting ticketed for doubling the speed limit), DCCD (even though it would be neat to make a WRX more rear-drive-oriented), or inverted struts, to name a few.

Basically, the STi is a beast that is a relative bargain. But for the budget-conscious who has a few goals in mind (straight-line acceleration, cornering, appearance, etc.), you could just opt for a WRX and mod it to your liking.

Angry NO!!!!

I am use to luxury and when I sold my Range Rover it was the biggest mistake I ever made.

The Sti is crude, makes noises, rattles, shakes your kidneys to the point you have to use the rest room every other mile, burns gas like water, no radio, big wing in the way of visibilty, people point at you all the time, they bother you with questions, guys in other cars want to race you or won't look at you at all, you are always passing people while not realizing you are doing 80 mph......it's horrible, when you brake feels like your lunch will pop out, in turns passengers heads hit the pillar, ..............are you mental?
    The Sti has it's faults but those are what we expect for a car with no compromise performance, and consider yourself lucky ....if I were subaru I would tack on another 10 or so grand on the price and just throw a radio in..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails profilechrome22s.jpg  
    Last edited by V8killer2pt5; 03-25-2004 at 07:18 AM.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
    I know that I would hardly push an STi to its fullest overall potential
    Good point. I dont even push my WRX to its full potential. How much less with an STi
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by virpacalis
    New > Not.
    i can't stress this enough.

Yes, its worth every penny if you are into raw power and performance. I drove it before I got my Evo and I thought it was awesome. It is blindingly fast and handles like a race car. I chose the Evo insted because I liked the feel of it better and it was less expensive and had a stereo (you got to have a soundtrack as you beat another cars ass right?) Go see if you can find a dealer that will let you drive the STi, its unlikely but you never know. It sure is a bad ass car.
    Last edited by EVOVIII; 03-25-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Yes, its worth every penny if you are into raw power and performance. I drove it before I got my Evo and I thought it was awesome. It is blindingly fast and handles like a race car. I chose the Evo insted because I liked the feel of it better and it was less expensive and had a stereo (you got to have a soundtrack as you beat another cars ass right?) Go see if you can find a dealer that will let you drive the STi, its unlikely but you never know. It sure is a bad ass car.
    Why buy a car based on whether or not it has a stereo? I would much rather customize my own stereo setup and save the initial cost of buying the factory crap.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast