Is The Sti Realy Worht The Money??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Is The Sti Realy Worht The Money??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by ryland Why buy a car based on whether or not it has a stereo? I would much ...

Originally posted by ryland
    Why buy a car based on whether or not it has a stereo? I would much rather customize my own stereo setup and save the initial cost of buying the factory crap.
    That was just 1 of the reasons and it was my personal choice, I happen to like my stock stereo thank you very much

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think the warrany thing is a big factor here. even if you wanted to make a base wrx as performance capable as an STI you would undoubtably lose your warranty. with the STI your car is a beast and your warranty stays intact.

although like others said, the STI is probably not driven to its potential that often, because of fear of being arrested

so if you really dont want a race car and are not addicted to modding, I would recommend an 03' wrx. you can pick up a low mileage one for around 19k and throw a couple mods on like exhaust and BC and you have a 13sec car that is very practical and good for everyday driving
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well, think of it like this:

For 30k, you could buy a dsm that runs in teh 11's and also a brand-new Mazda 3 for your commuting needs. One car for work, one for play... Just remember, there are many options! Be sure to consider them all before deciding...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

some other things STI has:

FORGED BBS wheels, $400+ EACH
    Front limited slip diff $$$?
    STI Brembos $1500+
    6 Speed Tranny w/ DCCD $5000+?
    Turbo, I/C, water spray $2000+
    STI seats, $800+ EACH

Bang for the Buck, way better than a WRX. I want one.
    With all new parts, it would cost you $15,000 or more to turn a WRX into an STI.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

lots of replies for being in the wrong forum

anyway the STI is great, i have not looked back at my stock WRX, one of the reasons i never modded my WRX was that i knew i would probably buy an STI...

the transmission alone covers the sticker price difference i think

if you just want to drag race, then the STI performance is easy to acheive with a modded WRX for cheaper, but once you start talking autox or something i think it's a different story

no radio? please...

Re: NO!!!!

Originally posted by V8killer2pt5
    I am use to luxury and when I sold my Range Rover it was the biggest mistake I ever made.

The Sti is crude, makes noises, rattles, shakes your kidneys to the point you have to use the rest room every other mile, burns gas like water, no radio, big wing in the way of visibilty, people point at you all the time, they bother you with questions, guys in other cars want to race you or won't look at you at all, you are always passing people while not realizing you are doing 80 mph......it's horrible, when you brake feels like your lunch will pop out, in turns passengers heads hit the pillar, ..............are you mental?
    The Sti has it's faults but those are what we expect for a car with no compromise performance, and consider yourself lucky ....if I were subaru I would tack on another 10 or so grand on the price and just throw a radio in..
    AND YOU DIDNT EXPECT THIS WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT? Were you expecting a Range Rover ride?? WTF?
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

the ST-i engine = EJ25 correct? and the WRX engine = EJ20? with different turbo? hehe, i'm all confused - espeically being a 3000GT guy

all i know is that the ST-i is 2.5 and the WRX is 2.0 ... and before you ask, the answer is yes, i'm stupid

Wait till the Evo 8 MR edition hits the US at the end of the year and then decide. Road and Track just did a story on it and said it is hands down the fastest, meanest machine to ever come out of Japan. It should retail here for the same price as an STi and its looking to be a better car plus, its not all stripped down like the STi.

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    the ST-i engine = EJ25 correct? and the WRX engine = EJ20? with different turbo? hehe, i'm all confused - espeically being a 3000GT guy

all i know is that the ST-i is 2.5 and the WRX is 2.0 ... and before you ask, the answer is yes, i'm stupid
    Bigger engine, bigger turbo, more boost, less lag

also variable valve timing

AVCS = active valve control system. 14.5 psi stock on a bigger turbo. I/C is 40% bigger. Water spray.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.