Turbo/mod question

This is a discussion on Turbo/mod question within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was looking at the specs for a few turbo upgrades and it says "Flow capacity" 600 HP for the ...

Turbo/mod question

I was looking at the specs for a few turbo upgrades and it says "Flow capacity" 600 HP for the one I want. That doesn't mean that it boosts your car up to 600 HP just by adding it does it? I think it means it can handle up to a 600 HP engine, I just wasn't sure. Anyone know? thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It means that at full boost it can produce 600 hp with the perfect setup and race gas. It has nothing to do with engine strength.
    What turbo is it BTW?

Originally posted by HighPsiAwd
    It means that at full boost it can produce 600 hp with the perfect setup and race gas. It has nothing to do with engine strength.
    What turbo is it BTW?
    It's called the GT35R. They are offering it with a Stage 3 kit for the Evo and I guess with the kit and the turbo it will make 600 hp. I think I am gonna get it, thanks.

Sounds good but you better make sure you have all the supporting mods such as fuel system, cooling, etc. And if your planning on making that kind of hp you better plan on adding a dogbox tranny and clutch

uke
    Just to echo what others have said, I'm pretty sure that no supporting mods = engine go BOOM!

The GT35R is bad ass - ball bearing, 56 trim compressor wheel an TO4E housing - I'd go for it if the funds were there. Be sure to get the 40mm Tial external wastegate with it

This thread should be in "Engine Performance".

thats like low 9's hp numbers, which is sick i'd be jealous i ran a 11.9 on 25 psi ( not in a wrx damn it i wish) and i have like 430 fwd hp
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I think it means that's the max horsepower that turbo will ever produce with everything on the motor.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Support mods? eh, I don't know much about modding cars at all and I don't want to blow my engine up. Can you look at this list of whats included and tell me if its sufficent or if I have to add other mods in that optional upgrades area before this kit? Thanks.

Stage3

You'll probably need a turbo back exhaust, stand-alone engine management like UTEC or Haltech, intake, and larger injectors. Then you can buy the turbo.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

don't think you can just slap a bigger turbo on it and it will run super pretty and fast
    if its not fast it better be a show car