Is it me, or has this place gotten hostile?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is it me, or has this place gotten hostile? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey folks, is it me, or has this forum suddenly become a more hostile environment? In the past week, I've ...

uke

Is it me, or has this place gotten hostile?

Hey folks, is it me, or has this forum suddenly become a more hostile environment? In the past week, I've seen more bashing posts (usually from the same people with low post counts) than I've seen in the past YEAR I've read this website. The main reason I even read/post here is because it is (or was) a group of car enthusiasts who like all cars, even non-WRX's. But lately all I've seen is "front wheel drive is crap!" "You're a ricer POS!" "Go back to your xxxx boards, loser!"

Have we just gotten a new wave of trolls on the boards lately, or what? I'd hate to see this once-friendly place go down the tubes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am almost always friendly

Nobody's putting a gun to your head. Leave if you dont like it. There's always NASIOC.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

uke
    Originally posted by Samirr76
    Nobody's putting a gun to your head. Leave if you dont like it. There's always NASIOC.
    Thanks for proving my point.
    Last edited by uke; 03-24-2004 at 01:33 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    This forum's future is undecided. Read, cast your vote, and share your opinion.

Should we get rid of WRX vs. The World?

Originally posted by uke

lol

Originally posted by uke
    Thanks for proving my point. This is the INTERNET dude...not real life.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Samirr76
    Thanks for proving my point. This is the INTERNET dude...not real life.
    I dont normally jump into these things, but he posted an opinion, and you told him to leave because of it. I'd have to say, you did prove his point right there. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. It degrades the whole place.

uke
    so the fact that this is the Internet give one an excuse to act like a jerk with a chip on their shoulder?

I just believe in being friendly toward people here just like in reallife, and not go around like I'm bitter and angry at the world.

edit: fixed the triple post!
    Last edited by uke; 03-24-2004 at 01:54 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    uke: I agree with you. There has been a slight increase in this crap. However, I'm sure it's just the normal ebb and flow of quality of posts in any forum. It would be more statistically anomalous if it always stayed the same friendly place.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    I've seen no proof of this with my bush is a liar thread...i mean crx thread And I found myself asking the same questions today... and I realize people have bad days and some time give off smart comments...but to hear it over and over again it childish. And yes we can all leave that's what the X is for in your upper right corner, but if your one of the few that think because you have 87 post or whatever you can recommend someone to leave because of your problem...I think that's wrong. If you dont have anything nice to say...dont say anything at all.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

It goes through hostile cycles. There have been times I looked forward to coming here and checking posts, times they were all the same and boring and other times where if you mention "V8," nuts came out of the woodworks, touting the glory of the LS1, even if no LS1 was ever involved in the story. Just watch and things'll change...they always do.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

yes yes yes...
    ive been part of this forum for a year or so (secret aka)
    wrx vs. the world thread should be just renamed "click here to see a bunch of kids without wrxs talk about wrx's poor gearing and awd drivetrain loss...har har har a wrx is good off the line but a _____(insert extremely slow ass car here) can own it from a high roll"
    seriusly...thats all i frikkin read
    there should be more posts about lobsters, and other creatures of the deep..in fact there should be a section titled "wrx vs. lobsters" maybe even an off topic board to discuss things like crabs and other crustaceans...

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by TurboLobster

there should be more posts about lobsters, and other creatures of the deep..in fact there should be a section titled "wrx vs. lobsters" maybe even an off topic board to discuss things like crabs and other crustaceans...

What a Freak'n LOZ3R

just mess'n
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

uke
    Originally posted by TurboLobster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast