WRX vs AUDI A4?? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs AUDI A4?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by MidKnight Who takes an audi offroad?? Someone who owns an Allroad? Maybe....

Originally posted by MidKnight
    Who takes an audi offroad??
    Someone who owns an Allroad? Maybe.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is a video that would make you happy. I saw it in Ed Voyles subaru Atlanta. I guess it was distributed by Subaru, so stop by your dealership, they might have it.

This was an independent test to compare performances of various AWD systems, shot about 3-4 years ago, before the WRX. They had slaloms with cones and water flowing on the tracks, and the subarus came out on the top. Others went cone-bashing

They had a 6 foot tall rubble-sand hillock.. and subarus were one of the few ones to make it across that. Many got stuck.

The highlight was the had volvos, bmws, mercs, audis etc( I think.. Its been a while ). and they had a tug of war match on a slippery surface.

The subarus totally owned every other car. The other cars(including the awds) were tugged backwards while their wheels were spinning in the opposite direction !!
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

My head hurts after reading this thread.

My favorite comment so far
    As far as I know the only A4 that is AWD is the Audi Quattro.
    Can I get my time back... please?
    '03 WRX
    '03 SV650

Angry What kiddie time?

What it's kiddie time? The Audi is what it is a good luxury car with beautiful design cues. I at one time or another pondered buying one but found that even with good hp and trq numbers always seemed to lack the performance figures to back up the numbers on paper. You will find many of the reviews to echo this sentiment, always eluding to the weight playing a factor in the low performance numbers. Now back to offroad does anyone watch WRC? Subaru's tend to dominate when everyone else struggles not taking into consideration the freak accident or damage that occurs with rally racing.
    I personally since selling my Range and buying the Sti for my daily have been up against a s4 who tried to follow me into a on ramp at speed, pulled on him about 7 car lengths before we hit highway and then just pulled away. At 100 mph I got sick of the bull and let off since it's frowned on doing that in NY "speeding" and just watched him go by like he was on the Autobahn. Point being is kids debating which car is faster not a real worthy thread. Most times cars with somewhat similar numbers it's down to the driver and how far he is willing to go to say "ha I beat you". Me personally I never launch and make it a point to cut it at 100 on the highway, most times as quick as 80 mph!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

Originally posted by audirs6
    i dont know about offroad but on snow the audis all wheel drive system is much better there is no comparison. its between night and day.
    Maybe if the Subaru was wearing summer tires this might be true, otherwise

so is audi s4

and for what flyingace said: You ever heard of a thing called advertisment

its callled where one manufacture makes up things about another.

anyway who takes a subaru offroad except for the rally races oh and ya allmost all owners rally race

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by audirs6
    anyway who takes a subaru offroad except for the rally races oh and ya allmost all owners rally race
    I have and I know a handful of people in NJ who have as well... I'm sure we're not the only ones.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    This thread makes my day. No really.

*sighs*

I have another idea!
    2010 SSM STI

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.