Raced a 350Z for miles/good road to race
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a 350Z for miles/good road to race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you live in SoCal, have you been on the 241 or 133 yet? The toll roads that go out ...

Raced a 350Z for miles/good road to race

If you live in SoCal, have you been on the 241 or 133 yet? The toll roads that go out to (or back from) Irvine. Californians hate paying to drive so these raods are usually wide open and I have yet to see any cops. Its a perfect road to race, speed limit is already 65 and there are nice turns and uphill/downhill mix since it goes through the hills, its awesome. Anyhoo, on my way out over the weekend I spotted a silver 350Z and got next to him at about 70. The guy looked to be in his 40's but he was willing to have some fun and we raced for a good 10-12 miles. I won't go thru the whole thing but we took turns passing one another neither one of us getting much further then about 3 lengths ahead. I finally got him when the transition to the 133 comes up and we took seperate lanes, it curves off to the right a bit and I nailed it and took that curve at about 100 while he actually slowed from 85 to probably about 70 or so to take it. Out of the curve I was a good distance from him and punched it again and put alot of distance between us. I thought the Z would perform better on the open road but It really does depend alot on how the driver runs it, they have nice power but certainly not awe inspiring.

As a side note, I was so busy out running him that I forgot to pull over and pay the toll for the 133 I ended up in the lanes where all the pre-paid cars can just go by so hopefully i don't see any tix in the mail.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was doing contract work in Irvine on the weekends about a year ago, and I would drive up the 133 at like 4:45 am on saturday and sunday (I realise I could have just taken the 5, and saved money but I am lazy) for a while on the 133 it is very straight going toward Irvine, so I decided to see how fast I could go. I chickened out at like 137.

Oh, and you are so going to get a ticket.
    -Andrew

I thought this was WRX vs. the World, not two totally different cars
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

At least its the EVO. . . .

it's this type of thread that makes me want to see this forum shut down.

i don't care how great your race was, go post it on an EVO site, and wherever you post it, don't tell people where good roads to race are. you can't control what kind of people will read your post, and some moronic kid is going to steal daddy's wrx and kill some mother of four because he loses control trying to be speed racer.

not saying that censorship is in order, just saying it would be better if morons like you had the sense to not post something that has no value in life.

who cares how fast your car is, your wife's still unsatisfied.

No posts of a non mantinence problem resolution subjects are of use on a car forum. OT posts, posts about upcoming cars and or options, and posts about modding are all usless. But it is a hobby.

I mean I am not sure if you hadn't noticed, but there is this whole fun drives section on ClubWRX which kind of does exactly what you just spoke out against. He has an EVO, yet enjoys our board. That says more about the board and the people on it then the cars we drive. Of course some people's attitude may contradict that.
    -Andrew

Leave the guy alone. He's not trolling or anything. He has a different car yet still visits this board which shows that this is a good board. Lets not turn this into another nasioc type of forum. Be friendly!
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

fun drives and "HEY GO STREETRACE HERE, YOU WON'T GET CAUGHT AND YOU CAN GO REALLY FAST!!!!!" are two different things.

i'll leave him alone though. sorry for being so mean.

Time to drive down to California from IL and go street race!!! J/k but I own an evo, and I do enjoy trolling on this forum, I mean participating meaningfully in your conversations = ).

Sidenote : I don't troll, I just like WRXs alot

i am always on 241 and there is places you can speed but i dont there are cops everywhere. but good kill, lots of really nice cars around where i live on 241.

I saw an enzo pass me once, i almost passed out from the beauty and sound!
    Stage 4 plus 2004 WRX

Originally posted by Trailboss
    I thought this was WRX vs. the World, not two totally different cars
    Sorry about that, I'm new here and I didnt realize there was a fun drive or off topic section. Since I saw topics like Hyundai vs Civic and Viper vs Bike and others in here, I just thought this was where to post stuff like that.

Originally posted by DrewToTheC
    i am always on 241 and there is places you can speed but i dont there are cops everywhere. but good kill, lots of really nice cars around where i live on 241.

I saw an enzo pass me once, i almost passed out from the beauty and sound!
    You aren't kidding there. I got in a race almost every day when I would drive down Jamboree. But I would literally see a differnt Diablo every day down in that part of Irvine.
    -Andrew

Originally posted by emosubaru

your wife's still unsatisfied.
    it is my dooty to pleasy that booty for
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by emosubaru
    it's this type of thread that makes me want to see this forum shut down.

i don't care how great your race was, go post it on an EVO site,

Welcome to Nazi Germany anyone? Are you like 10 years old? You certainly act like it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.