WRX vs Vette
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Vette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright, it wasn't a full race. I was driving on the highway and noticed a yellow corvette in my rear ...

WRX vs Vette

Alright, it wasn't a full race. I was driving on the highway and noticed a yellow corvette in my rear view mirror. He zigzaged through some cars and got up along side of me. He looked over at me and nodded his head. We were going about 70-75. So I dropped it down and off we went. It surprised the **** out of me because I actually hung with him until about 115mph. But then he started to pull. I bet he was damn surprised to see a little blue subaru keep up with him. I'm going to try to set up my car different with STI injectors and a vf22 turbo instead of what I have now. A friend I know has that setup and he pulls hard on me, so then next time the vette will go down.
    PE 1818 Turbo, PE 650cc injectors, PE 215lph fuel pump, Blitz Front mount intercooler, Blitz downpipe , Blitz uppipe, Blitz suction intake, 5zigen catback, STI clutch , Turbo XS UTEC , Blitz SSBC , Blitz turbo timer, JIC flta-2 Coil-overs, C-West Boby kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    good run...vettes are VERY aerodynamic, and obviously, they have a lot of HP so they are definitely high speed runners...my friend hit 180 in his with minor mods.
    2003 SRT-4

holy ****!!! 180mph would be pretty nuts. Thats fast as hell. The fastest I ever have gone was 135-140 in my 3000GT VR4. And that seemed pretty damn fast.
    PE 1818 Turbo, PE 650cc injectors, PE 215lph fuel pump, Blitz Front mount intercooler, Blitz downpipe , Blitz uppipe, Blitz suction intake, 5zigen catback, STI clutch , Turbo XS UTEC , Blitz SSBC , Blitz turbo timer, JIC flta-2 Coil-overs, C-West Boby kit

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by vaindrumr
    holy ****!!! 180mph would be pretty nuts. Thats fast as hell. The fastest I ever have gone was 135-140 in my 3000GT VR4. And that seemed pretty damn fast.
    yea...130 is fast

I pinned the needle at 150 in my last car, and I would get to 130 somewhat often, but I dont think I've had the z28 up past 120 yet...180 is just stupid.
    2003 SRT-4

Re: WRX vs Vette

Originally posted by vaindrumr
    Alright, it wasn't a full race. I was driving on the highway and noticed a yellow corvette in my rear view mirror. He zigzaged through some cars and got up along side of me. He looked over at me and nodded his head. We were going about 70-75. So I dropped it down and off we went. It surprised the **** out of me because I actually hung with him until about 115mph. But then he started to pull. I bet he was damn surprised to see a little blue subaru keep up with him. I'm going to try to set up my car different with STI injectors and a vf22 turbo instead of what I have now. A friend I know has that setup and he pulls hard on me, so then next time the vette will go down.
    good race. but isnt the vf22 less powerful than your current setup?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the vf22 will be similar but with a bit more top end an a tad more lag, it was the largest of the sti turbos. it seems like a waste to make such a minor change unless your getting the vf22 dirt cheap. just go all out for the 1820, its worth it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.