Carrera4 vs STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Carrera4 vs STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a nice encounter with a new black Carrera 4 with me in my new black STi. Was driving home ...

Cool Carrera4 vs STi

Had a nice encounter with a new black Carrera 4 with me in my new black STi.

Was driving home from work when I see him in my rearview. I stabbed the gas a few times to let him know I saw him. We had a few ok runs at some stoplights. Wow, with my still learning how not to nuke the clutch, combined with his lack of turbo lag, it was neck to neck. I then followed behind him (he had the radar) at some moderate speeds. I had to keep shifting short in order to keep from rear ending him! Wow, what a blast. It ended with me pulling up next to him, and both smiling and waving.

Looked up on the net.

Carrera 4 0-60 5.2
    STi 0-60 4.8

Damn nice car. Sounded as good as it looked. Might have been different at 100+ mph.

$82,000 vs $32,000..... I like my boxy, uncultured, laggy, 4 door.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice man
    i hope one day i can run with something like that

Originally posted by breepsh
    Nice man
    i hope one day i can run with something like that
    Houston ehh? I used to live in Copperfield and Cypress. Matter of fact I'll be visiting the parents in Cypress for Easter..... without my car :-P. ohhhh well... BTW, ever since pops heard I got the funny looking turbo subaru, he's been trying his best to spot a few on the road out there. So far he's seen 1. Are Subies just not that popular in Houston?

Originally posted by Tgui
    Houston ehh? I used to live in Copperfield and Cypress. Matter of fact I'll be visiting the parents in Cypress for Easter..... without my car :-P. ohhhh well... BTW, ever since pops heard I got the funny looking turbo subaru, he's been trying his best to spot a few on the road out there. So far he's seen 1. Are Subies just not that popular in Houston?
    Theyre pretty decently popular. I can go a day with out seeing one though. Sometimes a few days. I used to live in Cypress area.

I'm from houston and have a WRX. I see one everyday at my job, a coworker of mine has one too. But besides that one i can go days with out seeing one and somedays i see 3-4 in one day like yesterday i saw like for WRX's.

I've been wanting to run against one of those to see what i have against them, but no luck yet.

When ever you get to race a new Porsche its priceless. Loads of fun.
    I had a very simiar enounter in my STi.

It was a good race with me slowly inching up on him. He got about a 1 - 1 1/2 car jump on me and by the end of the race I was right next to him. So I pulled about 1- 1 1/2 cars on him from 30mph - 90mph or so. They are definately fast cars.

I was running a turbo back exhaust at the time.

I'm in Houston too. (Sugar Land)
    I've owned 2 996 C2's (2000, and 2002) before my current car.
    They are much faster than the factory reports. The real time to 60 is about 4.8 ish for the C2 and C4.

They are neck and neck with a stock STi I guess.

I love STi's. I think it's the coolest car for under 40k you can buy.
    The STi will even hang with a C2 or C4s on a road course. They are slightly slower, but they will hang.

Is anyone on the board the owner of this car? It was at the track with me last time (in Feb).

Scott in Houston

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.