WRX vs. Laser
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Laser within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is one of the funniest races I have ever been in.... I was on my way home Saturday afternoon ...

WRX vs. Laser

This is one of the funniest races I have ever been in....
    I was on my way home Saturday afternoon and I saw a white Laser drive up behind me pretty fast. But I had a friend and my wife in my stock WRX so decided to turn left and go home but when I was in the left turn lane he reved when he drove by me. So my wife, of all people said "shouldn't you go get him?" WTF!? SHe is usually yelling at me not to race. SO I pulled from the left turn lane and pulled up behind him. There were 2 cars infront of him and its a 2 lane road and no passing lane yet. Lucky for me the 2 cars infront of him pulled off as we got to the passing lane and he gunned it and so did I. So I went ahead and used my left turn signal to switch lanes and pull up on him really fast and all I can here is his engine. Before I new it we were infront of him but I had not switched into his lane yet. This is where it went bad. We were going so fast and there was a truck up about 1/4 of a mile infront of us going really slow. I knew that if i merged infront of him I would have to slam on the brakes and that would make me an ass. So I just put the brakes on hard and let him go ahead to prevent one of us from hitting the truck. We also lost our passing lane. So now I am behind him and the truck and I am looking for another passing lane so I can go ahead and beat him again. But what does he do....he goes ahead and passes the truck on the double yellow on a curve. Im like forget that...I am not gonna kill people just to beat this guy again. So I just turn around and head back. The funny thing is that when I pulled infront of him during the race he was so mad and wouldn't look over. SORE LOSER! Hope I see him again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX
    wow!! good to hear that no one was hurt.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

im not sure if these cars have turbos but it sounded like he did. When I was passing him I was sure he had one. Does anybody know anything about that car?

i hope you find one that is modded correctly. with 13k you can get those into the 11s.

I think if I had 13k I could get my wrx into 11 seconds.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your wife rocks. Nice kill/embarassment on the POS Laser.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

what sucks is that when we were passing him my buddy tryed to give him the friendly thumbs up but he wouldn't even look over at us. He was pretty serious....and he started it by reving.

Oh well......KIDS

My wife is funny like that...the night we bought the WRX she raced an older integra.

Originally posted by artist71
    I think if I had 13k I could get my wrx into 11 seconds.
    I think he meant 13k including the price of the car. If I'm not mistaken, the Laser = Eclipse = Talon

So I'm sure they share the same engine and the same aftermarket parts..but I could be wrong.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by smokey
    I think he meant 13k including the price of the car. If I'm not mistaken, the Laser = Eclipse = Talon

So I'm sure they share the same engine and the same aftermarket parts..but I could be wrong.
    This weekend, I saw an eclipse, an eagle, and a laser. They all look identical. There might be variants of the laser, though - one was parked in our complex the other day and I didn't see any turbo badging...

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

i meant including the cost of the car.

build the motor and with 7k you will break the 12 second mark.

first gens can be found for 6k.

Originally posted by smokey

correct they are DSM in its trueist form the three shared
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Originally posted by emosubaru
    i meant including the cost of the car.

build the motor and with 7k you will break the 12 second mark.

first gens can be found for 6k.
    You don't need 7K to break 12's in th AWD models... not the FWD lasers either. MUCH less... but it's still ugly to me.

i got my a$$ spanked by a laser when i was running stock turbo. in my defense my friend was driving an he had a horrible 1-2 shift, but other than that we hung. it was actually i guy i knew from high school, an when we pulled into a parking lot to talk, two cop cars pulled in after us. it was christmas eve, an after an hour they let us go under no penalty what so ever to my friend or myself because they didnt have us on radar an they said it was a xmas present. the were asking what we had done to our cars...seriously! and the funny thing was the laser didnt have any cats, an i doubt my car does any better with emissions. regardless i give much respect to all dsm's now, especially the 1st gen. sleepers.

Originally posted by POLAR
    i got my a$$ spanked by a laser when i was running stock turbo. in my defense my friend was driving an he had a horrible 1-2 shift, but other than that we hung. it was actually i guy i knew from high school, an when we pulled into a parking lot to talk, two cop cars pulled in after us. it was christmas eve, an after an hour they let us go under no penalty what so ever to my friend or myself because they didnt have us on radar an they said it was a xmas present. the were asking what we had done to our cars...seriously! and the funny thing was the laser didnt have any cats, an i doubt my car does any better with emissions. regardless i give much respect to all dsm's now, especially the 1st gen. sleepers.

yeah dsms on 20gs can run like a good 10.6 fully tuned
    if its not fast it better be a show car

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.