And then I hit boost, Now I'm a believer
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on And then I hit boost, Now I'm a believer within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well sunday I got to drive perhaps the most enjoying car that I've ever been in. The list isnt great ...

I Support ClubWRX

And then I hit boost, Now I'm a believer

Well sunday I got to drive perhaps the most enjoying car that I've ever been in. The list isnt great but I've driven everything from a 68 shelby GT 500 to an Blown HD F-150, I've riden in vipers, drove a 400 HP Fox body stang...and the list probaly goes on. But by far the best one I think i've ever driven would be a LS 1.6 (I think) CRX that had a T-25 turbo kit in it. The CRX was a HF so it weighted nothing. I think the guy said it was 1,800 or 1,900 lbs. The car is only running 7 psi but you'll hit full boost at 2500 if your flooring it. Shift at 2,500 and it drives like a sleeper shift at 2800 and all you hear is the BOV. I think the suspension is stuck next to Urathane bushings and that would be the only downfall to it. It felt very "TIGHT" on the road. Every bump you went over felt like a huge pot hole. I think with newer suspension (the car is 87) maybe upgrade to a later model CRX si and it would be more road worthy. It had a close ratio gear box so 5th gear at 50-60 was around 3,000 rpm...again sitting right on full boost at the push of a pedal. Want to pass someone going up hill at 70 just floor it and hold it. The tires on the front are some street slick AOE85 or something was on the side. First gear just pulled like nothing on the 1-2 shift you'd get LITTLE torque steer and third gear I was finding myself letting off. This wasnt my car so I didnt DOG it completly the hold time. To be honest the only time I floored it was when I left the guys house...and it just scared me. That might sound dumb but I didnt want to push the car at all. So All the following info was at about 1-2 to 3/4 throttle. Around town I would have to short shift because of the cops...and the ricers. If a kid lined up next to me no doubt he would try to show off...and the BOV is really loud...so I didnt want any help from the cops either. Going around the turns you could hold your lane gas at apex and the car would come out straight as an arrow...could easily take just about anything 30-40 mph turn in the high 60's and hold your line...come out of the apex and hold on. The car seems to have alot of driveabilty. I drove it and didnt eat up a ton of gas, and no over heating problems. I dont think knock was present either. The only thing it could use in the driveabilty range would be some Brembo's or something. I think I would also want a short throw in it...not that it was a problem...just be nicer to drive. I did miss second once when I was doing a U-turn and someone made a right into my lane (Who had the red and I had the green light for the U-turn) so I had to clutch in wait and then get her going because traffic was coming quick. If you could build this car for under 8,000 I dont think there is a better deal on the market. The car can run solid mid to low 13's (on the butt dyno) and is very tame around town. The car looks like crap but my god is it quick. I guess this has open my eyes to the fun aspect of driving called handling. Going in a straight line is only fun for so long before you have to start looking at other things. I think a mid 13's corner carver is the only thing you'll need on the streets. The crx is nice because on the highway you have no blind spots and is very easy to drive. The whole time I was driving this I was thinking if this is what a FWD 13 second car feels like...what will a 13 awd feel like. I've driven a few 11 and up second cars and they couldnt go around a turn if they had to. This car did everything well.

So wrap it up boost, light weight car, Harsh suspension, GREAT driveable, Street slicks all Equal one good time. I tried to play with a new Northstar on the highway but when I floored it in fifth I looked up and saw a blazer with blue and red lights and attenas on the back of it...so I let off quickly...but I would have liked to see what it could have done against the new Caddy...Northstars are nice but this pocket rocket should have walked it....Sorry for the long post just wanted to let it all out...I no longer disrespect all hondas...rice is rice and quick is quick.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WRX vs. World forum?

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

that post was kinda hard to read, try putting paragraphs in some places...
    05 STi wrb/gold
    Mods: Whiteline X3006 FSB - Hawk HPS f&r - ATE Super blue fluid - 05w40 Amsoil - 70w90 Severe gear rear diff oil - Island motosports Harness Bar - Gforce 5pt harness dri&pas - Alignment, -1degree camber F & -.75degree camber R
    http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/3...iggcopy7nn.jpg

Originally posted by AndrewSS
    that post was kinda hard to read, try putting paragraphs in some places...

Cliff Notes, Must have Cliff Notes.
    No one will truely be free until nerd persecution ends.

a writing class helps too when posting that many words

DML

I Support ClubWRX
    HA...sorry about the poor writting skillz. It wasnt like I was writing a term paper so I didnt take to much time...I was just putting in radom thoughts.

But if paragraphs help you, next time I write a little essay on a Crx, I'll be sure to use all of your advice. Thanks

FWD has no place in a sports car.

dR

Originally posted by dark_rex
    FWD has no place in a sports car.

dR
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

CRX... What's that stand for... Crappy little FWD Honda... You have got to be joking to actually say it was the best car your ever driven... Wait, you're a Ford guy...

rice is rice, and the CRX is a go-cart.

what the **** does ur avatar say???

Originally posted by Vette Dude
    what the **** does ur avatar say???
    "It is't the votes that count, its the people that count them." Joseph Stalin.
    I guess it's a reference to 2002 election.
    Your signature sucks

u are now v-tecadited and boost junkie
    if its not fast it better be a show car

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont understand the flaming...I guess you guys think it's impossible to have fun in a mid 13 second street car And as for the FWD comments...I ran it semi hard...and found no problems with it at all. With the tires that were on it it had traction all the way...no wheel hop or even spin.

As for the Vtec thing....it wasnt a vtec...just normal OHC motor. Oh well...Sounds like some of the NAOISC flamers found there way here

I've seen boosted LS/VTec hybrid crx's smoke 500 hp supra's. Fun little cars, but yes I must agree that FWD kinda disqualifies it as a sports car.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.