What are the WRX's closest competitiors???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What are the WRX's closest competitiors??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my WRX a month ago and did not shop around too much for other makes/models. For all ...

What are the WRX's closest competitiors???

I just got my WRX a month ago and did not shop around too much for other makes/models. For all that this car has to offer, 25 grand was a bargain to me. I was wondering what you guys think are some of the WRX's closest competitors (Price not being a determining factor)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    With no price factor? I'd say our biggest competition would be Audi S4s. Twin-turbo V6 and AWD...how awesome is that? I love those cars.

RSXs tend to be good competition as well, especially given the close price range too. Sure, they lack the AWD, but the Type S's pack a punch in the top end and many times it can come down to the driver stock for stock. If an RSX Type R comes out here...watch out!

Those are the two I can think of off the top of my head...
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

I agree.....the RSX looks like it would be a blast to drive and the interior is beautiful! I would guess that it would handle at very least as good as the WRX if not better. I drove a few integrea's years ago and they were very fun...just not super fast.

S4's are cool too but much too expensive for my taste. Do you think that all the "extras" that come with the audi are actually worth the extra money that people pay for those cars. I ask cause I don't know too much about them.

Another car that looks like it will be in the same league as the WRX is the Lancer EVO and also I think there is a new Neon coming out that is supposed to be pretty fast.

By the way, how do Mustangs compare to the WRX?

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    As far as the S4 goes, it really depends on what you're after and your lifestyle. I'm sure 2001S4 can shed better light onto this. If you want luxury AND the ability to destroy most of the cars on the street, you can't go wrong with an S4. If you could really care less about the luxury aspect, WRX all the way. I'm trying to convince my dad to get an S4 myself

I wouldn't put the Evo in with our WRXs, because they're a step above. Put them against an STi, not ours.

The newer Mustangs are good rivals as well. They're almost always kill us in the top end but we can take them off the line with our AWD.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

My mistake on the EVO....I was thinking of the Sti's when I said that would be in the same league. For as scared as i was the first time that I opened up the throttle on the WRX, I am sure the EVO or STI would really push you back in your seat.

Speaking of seats....Subaru did great with the ones they put in the wrx! I love how they hold you so tightly in place around turns!

A guy here at work just bought an AUDI A4 Quattro a few weeks ago...black on black. It's certainly not as fast as a WRX, but it's undoubtably a superior automobile. I wish my Rex had the finish his AUDI has...
    Last edited by Westside WRX; 06-25-2002 at 02:09 PM.

I've raced an RSX with an intake and exhaust 3 times in a row befor i got my exhaust and up-pipe. They shouldnt be underestimated! we were dead even through 1rst second and most of third. at the top of of third he was about a half car ahead. The same day, i raced his brother's S2000 from a roll and he was about 1 car ahead by the end.
    Brian

There's been some talk recently that the new Maxima is pretty close. Apparently it's another one of those "depends-on-the-driver" sort-of deals. I'd personally take the rex, but to each his own, I suppose.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

S4

One of my buddies has a S4 only with a chip and cat-back exhaust. He ran a 13.1 this last weekend. being in his car when he does a launch and feeling the car slide sideways then launch like a bullet out of a gun is incredible. All i can say is that the S4 is an incredible car.

Originally posted by Westside WRX
    A guy here at work just bought an AUDI A4 Quattro a few weeks ago...black on black. It's certainly not as fast as a WRX, but it's undoubtably a superior automobile. I wish my Rex had the finish his AUDI has...
    That's why it costs so much. We are paying for the engine and awd.
    If the rex is so well equipped then it will cost at least 30K.
    What mods, dude this baby is stock
    2002 Platinum Silver 5spd sedan.

The new neon srt-4 that is coming out should be a close competitor. Its priced at 19,995 and has a 0-60 of 4.9 seconds (i think) and a top speed of 184 miles an hour. Although no 1/4 mile times are known, it should be close and with the 5 thousand dollar price difference who knows? You dont really know if it will show the modability (is that a word?) that the wrx has.

Originally posted by pakloek
    The new neon srt-4 that is coming out should be a close competitor. Its priced at 19,995 and has a 0-60 of 4.9 seconds (i think) and a top speed of 184 miles an hour. Although no 1/4 mile times are known, it should be close and with the 5 thousand dollar price difference who knows? You dont really know if it will show the modability (is that a word?) that the wrx has.
    The 0-60 that has been mentioned for the SRT-4 is about 5.9 seconds, not 4.9. I believe it's quarter mile will supposedly be around the mid 14's. But hey, you did get the price about right .

Originally posted by Verdugo
    As far as the S4 goes, it really depends on what you're after and your lifestyle. I'm sure 2001S4 can shed better light onto this. If you want luxury AND the ability to destroy most of the cars on the street, you can't go wrong with an S4. If you could really care less about the luxury aspect, WRX all the way. I'm trying to convince my dad to get an S4 myself

I wouldn't put the Evo in with our WRXs, because they're a step above. Put them against an STi, not ours.

The newer Mustangs are good rivals as well. They're almost always kill us in the top end but we can take them off the line with our AWD.
    Yes Verdugo, you are right. The S4 offers a great balance of performance and luxury. Most people get in my car and really marvel at how nice the interior is. I LOVE the gray maple wood trim. Once I start driving, they remark about how quiet and smooth it is. Then I punch it. Then they ask to go buy new underwear. It is a great balance. I do love the WRX as well. It offers great performance at a much more affordable price. Everone has their own opinions and likes. Most of the people here would say they prefer the WRX for its rugged feel. Most people on the Audi boards would say they like the refinement. It doesn't make any of the people wrong. I have heard people who have driven an S4 but own WRX's complain that they can't "feel" the road in the S4. I don't agree with this, but I do drive it everyday, so maybe I am just a little more used to what the car gives me for feedback. You really can't lose if you buy either of these cars. I believe that the extra money spent on the S4 is money well spent. If I had bought a WRX instead, I would love it just the same as I love my S4. I am just a little more pampered this way.

Originally posted by 2001S4

Most people get in my car and really marvel at how nice the interior is. I LOVE the gray maple wood trim. Once I start driving, they remark about how quiet and smooth it is. Then I punch it. Then they ask to go buy new underwear.
    LOL

Originally posted by 2001S4

You really can't lose if you buy either of these cars.
    Well said.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by WRXed

LOL

Well said.
    LOL
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.