What are the WRX's closest competitiors??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What are the WRX's closest competitiors??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I sat in a S4 and the interior is sweet. Never had the chance to ride in one. It seems ...

str
    I sat in a S4 and the interior is sweet. Never had the chance to ride in one. It seems like an awesome car, even for the price.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    i rode in the back of an s4 once. interestinly it felt like there was less leg room than the WRX, but the driver was fairly tall, so the seat was set back a bit

SWEET ass interior, i must say - no vibrations or random noises when the music is loud or you're taking a turn really fast. that car is rock solid
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Originally posted by Penguinking
    i rode in the back of an s4 once. interestinly it felt like there was less leg room than the WRX, but the driver was fairly tall, so the seat was set back a bit

SWEET ass interior, i must say - no vibrations or random noises when the music is loud or you're taking a turn really fast. that car is rock solid
    You are right, there is slightly less leg room in the S4's rear seat. The main reason for this is the long sloping rear window and huge trunk. If you haven't seen the trunk, it is a LOT bigger than a WRX. Same as a Jetta's if you have seen one.

Originally posted by pakloek
    The new neon srt-4 that is coming out should be a close competitor. Its priced at 19,995 and has a 0-60 of 4.9 seconds (i think) and a top speed of 184 miles an hour. Although no 1/4 mile times are known, it should be close and with the 5 thousand dollar price difference who knows? You dont really know if it will show the modability (is that a word?) that the wrx has.
    HAHAHAHAH, yeah the only thing about this is that the price is about right. Every number is wrong.
    The number you mentioned sounds like a CORVETTE.
    Some people are so misinformed. This is where a cold air intake will net you 20 hp thing came from. Rice math at its best.

Originally posted by jk147

HAHAHAHAH, yeah the only thing about this is that the price is about right. Every number is wrong.
    The number you mentioned sounds like a CORVETTE.
    Some people are so misinformed. This is where a cold air intake will net you 20 hp thing came from. Rice math at its best.
    I already corrected him on his numbers. He was mistaken, lighten up.

I just want to bust his chops again for such misinformation.

Originally posted by jk147
    I just want to bust his chops again for such misinformation.
    Understood, but it happens to the best of us. He is right that it will be a quick car. He was just off on his numbers. Here is a link with some info on the car:

Dodge Neon SRT-4

I sold my Audi TT and bought a WRX wagon because I needed the extra cargo room. The TT pulls really hard in the lower gears (feels much stronger than the wrx) but by third it feels weaker. The TT has 225 HP but is heavier than the wrx. I do miss the brushed aluminum, leather seats and convertible but the WRX is so much more usable (and a bit faster!)

well, you kind of are mixing apples and oranges when you put an S4 against a WRX. we're talking a $40K car version $25K. if we are going to spend this much money, we could almost buy a 315hp $45K M coupe or a 333hp $50K M3.

a neat thing to do is go to edmunds.com and search by price. find all the sedans and coupes in the $20K-$25K range and decide whether you would want any of them against a WRX. cars of mild interest: 3.5L Altima, A4, Jetta 1.8T, Mustang GT, MINI CooperS. but nothing that really blows my skirt up like the WRX (except the MINI, which is still underpowered and has a 6 month wait list).

Thumbs down COMP... HA HA HA there is none

Well it's true ... if you look at every aspect in racing... not only 0-60 and 1/4 mile... but salom speed... breaking... handling... value of car... feel of diving... safety ... standerd features...and price range... most cars wish they could hang...
    as you see i am a great SUBARU fan... i love the cars man..
    but as for the RSX no way ... no comp... it's ok looking but it's slow... wow the top end is a bit better cuz of the weight... but man a WRX compaires to BOXTERS...audy tt's and s4's... EVEN the SAAB vigen... and most of those cars in stock form don't give the WRX much comp... and look at every cars MSRP... we are lucky for just owning a WRX... there is a limited amount in north america... meaning CANADA... and USA... only 400thousand...
    i have raced stock S2000'S new mustang gt's... and all the other cars i listed... and spanked them... the s2000 after 60 gave me a good race . and the mustang didn't even try after 70... and this is all in STOCK form...
    if you just spend a bit of money...on mods... there won't be a car under 40k or higher that would be able to compete... just think
    3-1/2" turbo back... upping...boost controller.. CAI... maybe some light weight 17" rims... the WRX is very very fast... and kicks some asss...
    my mods now...
    zerosport pully kit
    injen CAI
    3-1/2" turbo back (custom made)
    and HKS bov so far on performance
    also sti key...sti trim... sti shift knob...sti I" emblem... PIAA light bulbs.. i only use MOBILE one oil and fram filters...
    soon to get... M2 upping... and boostcontrollar.. and maybe get someone who knows how to remapp the stock ECU...or just get the ECU link...i have a lot of research to do...
    OHYEAH.... JDM headlights is a must... i can get a really good deal

now guys you tell me who you think can compete... don't mean to brag...(this is how i feel) WRX BROTHERHOOD BABY....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails solberg wrc.jpg  
    Last edited by Suby MIAMI; 06-28-2002 at 08:52 AM.
    THE POWER OF ALL WHEEL DRIVE.

Re: COMP... HA HA HA there is none

Originally posted by Suby MIAMI
    but man a WRX compaires to BOXTERS...audy tt's and s4's... EVEN the SAAB vigen... and most of those cars in stock form don't give the WRX much comp
    You are telling me that a S4 cannot compete with a WRX in performance stock for stock? Look at the original thread again, he said cost is no object. I know that you are the troll from the Altima board, please do not bring that same attitude over here?

I think the key word you missed is "most" of the cars...

Lighten up Francis!

Originally posted by Scoobie Snack
    I think the key word you missed is "most" of the cars...

Lighten up Francis!
    Sorry, but after you have read other posts from this guy (I believe it is the same guy) on other boards, you will see why I may take offense to him. I think if you read some of his posts you will see that he makes all WRX owners look bad. Don't support him, please. Check out this post from the Altima board. I know he started in around page 11 and continued from there. Altima Forum

Competition for the WRX?

1. Mustang GT and the awsome fast 2003 Cobra!

2. 3 liter and above Z3

3. Porsche Boxster S

You will notice though that all of these cars are more expensive than the WRX.

My neighbor has an RSX with an exhaust, intake and a "chip" to engage the VTEC when he wants - he's a lot faster than stock but from a light I still take him with room to spare - I'm just Vishnu 0.

Another neighbor has a boxster S - he beats me bad on the freeway and in the canyon - he won't race me from a stop anymore though

Originally posted by 2001S4

Sorry, but after you have read other posts from this guy (I believe it is the same guy) on other boards, you will see why I may take offense to him. I think if you read some of his posts you will see that he makes all WRX owners look bad. Don't support him, please. Check out this post from the Altima board. I know he started in around page 11 and continued from there. Altima Forum
    Oh ok, sorry. I'll take your word for it... I don't feel like getting pissed off right now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.