WRX vs. GT mustang (revived)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GT mustang (revived) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i know we've already been through this debate, but i'm wondering how well i should do now that i'm packing ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

WRX vs. GT mustang (revived)

i know we've already been through this debate, but i'm wondering how well i should do now that i'm packing the stage zero under my hood.
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

str
    I beat one stock without much difficulty. With stage zero you would anniliate a stock GT.

Well, this is how i race mustangs (stock). If the guy in the mustang looks like an amateur Ill beat him for sure. If he looks like Michael Knight I probably wont have a chance at it.
    La Fee Verte
    Subaru 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    how hard do mustangs pull when ur on the highway? i'm afraid b/c of the gearing in the wrx that even w/ my VS0 it'll be hard to take a GT going 60
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

you don't wanna race anybody from a 60 mph roll. a V6 Camry will kick your butt...

stick to the Rex's strength...light-to-light racing...from a dead stop.

I have stage 0...I don't think I've ever lost to a GT without a blower since getting stage 0. A GT with a blower from a stop or on the freeway is too fast for me...why I'm looking at getting TurboXS stage IV. I like Vishnu better (local for one thing) but they are really slow at getting product to market. I can also beat all Integras or Civics with aftermarket turbos. The only car I am "gun shy" about are gen III RX-7's they are all modded (around here anyway) and faster than heck.

my 2 cents.

I Support ClubWRX
    excellent

my friend will be quite suprised to be looking at my taillights at the end of the 1/4
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

I found out that Mustang GT really aren't all that fast. I raced 2 more after that one post about how I got raped and beat both of them =). I also found out that the first stang I raced was no where near stock but I'm still not sure what exactly he did to his car.
    4EAT White WRX
    Hallman MBC @ 15lbs
    Removed Silencer
    3" custom cat-back w/ glass pack
    Gruppe-S uppipe

Yes the GTs are most amusing,the new one's they are putting out though are nothing to thumb your nose at though.Stock vs. Stock you'll win.Those SVT and Cobras are pretty vicious and will probably take some mods to win.If Ford keeps on making the mustang GT the way it has been in the last few years,you can just wave them off and smile.
    Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,whether you win or lose,you're still retarded.

Complaint Department

Originally posted by Westside WRX
    you don't wanna race anybody from a 60 mph roll. a V6 Camry will kick your butt...

stick to the Rex's strength...light-to-light racing...from a dead stop.
    No offense, but we can race lots of cars from a 60MPH roll, we just have to chose the right gear! a V6 camry would be a joke of a race from 60MPH...my parents have a new V6 Accord, and its no contest.
    Brian

I Support ClubWRX
    thats my dilemma. see, after 60mph (once ur at highway speeds) you're at least in 3rd, b/c 2nd gear maxes out right after 60. so if ur racing someone, the lowest you could drop it into would be 3rd, and i think 3rd is a little too long for us to get that extra pull. (4th gear is also to long i think)

how is the mustangs gearing?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

okay...so maybe I was exaggerating a bit about the V6 Camry. But, a 60 mph roll-on isn't the WRX's cup of tea. That was my point. The Rex is quick off the line, but there's a lot of cars out there that will catch it in a longer race.

I Support ClubWRX
    just put the car through some twisties and all they'll see are my taillights
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

The wrx pulls just fine from a roll above 60. I've got 32k miles worth of 70 plus driving to prove it. I have pulled on mustang gts , and even a 98 or older cobra. The trick is to hit third to boost it, and grab forth @ 7K. It works like a charm every time. The only cars that have pulled me are a c5, (from the front on his start) and a Lamborghini VT (obviously).
    The HP/Torque of the rex are great despite the high Mech. drag of the awd.

I Support ClubWRX
    sometimes i feel like i'm in an SUV - the car feels like its riding up really high. even if i dropped it a few inches i dunno if that would make up for it
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast