WRX vs. GT mustang (revived) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GT mustang (revived) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Penguinking sometimes i feel like i'm in an SUV - the car feels like its riding up ...

Originally posted by Penguinking
    sometimes i feel like i'm in an SUV - the car feels like its riding up really high. even if i dropped it a few inches i dunno if that would make up for it
    lower your seat
    Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    lol i already have!

but its not just that, its also that the actual height of the car is tall for me.

yeah yeah, i know its a sedan and all, but i'd love it if it were a few inches shorter. hehe...sportier
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

lol i already have!

but its not just that, its also that the actual height of the car is tall for me.

yeah yeah, i know its a sedan and all, but i'd love it if it were a few inches shorter. hehe...sportier
    Not me!! I love the head room... I can't stand sitting in or even driving my wifes GTP cause I always hit my head. My talon was the same way. Not comfy for me.

I Support ClubWRX
    im a small 'lil 5' 7". don't ever expect to see me complaining about head room
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

im a small 'lil 5' 7". don't ever expect to see me complaining about head room
    You can see over the steering wheel, right!?!?

haha, just trying to run up my post count.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I Support ClubWRX
    You can see over the steering wheel, right!?!?
    Yes.....barely

haha, just trying to run up my post count.
    me too

Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

The WRX sits high...one of two reasons the WRX can't keep up with the Boxster S in the twisties. The other reason is the weight ratio, it's horrible, the Boxster is 50/50 the WRX is not even close (Don't have my spec sheet with me but it's like 60/40) only AWD saves it.

The only true thing you have said is that the Boxter is faster in the twisties (with the 16 inch wheels for the rex). The rest is all wrong. The boxters wight distribution (is that what you mean) is 45 front/ 55 rear. It is the reverse pretty much of the rex. The rex will keep up with a boxter s in the 1/4 mile as both are low 140 high 13 cars.

you can keep up with a GT from a roll

I raced a Bullit Mustang from a roll, 40mph till 120mph...and we were dead even basically, he might have pulled half a car...but trust me, you couldnt tell he was pulling. I think he was pulling an inch ever 5mph or something...wasnt big or anything. Those BUllits also have 15 more horse power than the regular ones, so it makes them stronger on a roll. In the quarter i would have beat him by about 1 car. I got the godspeed uppipe and stromung downpipe, and no MBC. WIth a MBC im pretty confidend i would pull on the Bullit. Our cars are not slow from a roll. The only car that handed my ass back to me on a roll was a Corvette (2002)... We rolled 20mph to about 90 mph, and he was about 3-4 cars ahead. But i kept up with him till about 60mph pretty well, but after that he walked away. But remember, those things have 350 hp and they are RWD. Not too shabby for just having an uppipe and downpipe. I Have the video of me racing the vette from a stop. This race i made sure to drop my clutch at 5500, so i could get the best start. I ended up beating the vette by half a car to about 95+ mph. Pretty good...i got him from the start by about 2 cars and it was just too hard for him to make it up. If anyone knows how to copy a video from a camera to a computer i would appreciate it .

-Bobby D

Awesome Bobby D....awesome.......

I Support ClubWRX
    hey Bobby D, what kind of engine does a Bullit have? is it faster than a GT? whats the diff?
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

The bullit has a 4.6 same as the gt. as far as i know the only difference engine wise is it runs different pipes and air box thats it! Otherwise exactly the same "mech"

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by need4spd
    The bullit has a 4.6 same as the gt. as far as i know the only difference engine wise is it runs different pipes and air box thats it! Otherwise exactly the same "mech"
    so nothing to be more concerned about over a GT mustang, right?

hehhe....excellent
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

what kind of engine does a Bullit have?
    Standard fair 4.6 2V with different intake manifold and exhaust. I've heard from various people that it really doesn't make the full advertised number of 15 additional hp. Among the other things it has are Cobra brakes and subframe connectors. The big difference over the GT is that power curve is a little flatter.

This site her gives a little overview of some other differences
    http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/...arisons/gt.htm
    97 Cobra
    00 Wrangler
    83 Girlfriend - will trade for WRX

No need to worry! they are inferior. but DONT mess with the 03 Cobra!! we would get are asses handed to us on a silver plater

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.