Cobb stg2 WRX Vs. EVO w/intake - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Cobb stg2 WRX Vs. EVO w/intake within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TurnWRX lol yes those are pj's And no they aren't pink. It's brown. Faded, but brown Suuuuuuure...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    lol yes those are pj's And no they aren't pink. It's brown. Faded, but brown
    Suuuuuuure

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same thing happened to me running an EVO, first time I have EVER misshifted and I had to be near the redline when I did it.

I saw mine go past 9 too. Seems to be fine though, but I too plan on replacing block and maybe heads later on.

It is that stick mid pipe that is killing you. Just to test my theory, I took my rex to the drag strip and switched between a race pipe and the stock mid pipe. The difference was incredible! my times went from 13.89 down to a constant 13.42! that is a huge difference!

racing mid pipe...

so that would mean that you'd have no cats at all?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

What Evilevo8 said. Good race .
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by CUBUFF
    Ok first things first, I am Cobb stage 2 w/uppipe and IC hoses stock midpipe, and tanabe catback.
    EVO w/intake. I have heard intakes free up lots of power in EVO's so I was expecting to get beat bad.
    Two little short races from 1st gear roll to 3rd EVO gets jump by I would say 3 or 4 feet. stays there and I slowly real it in and gain maybe 2 or three feet on him. 2nd run I didnt start in 1st and I think the EVO may have so he put a car length on me pretty quicly (by car length I mean his rear bumper at my front bumper and stays there slowly and I mean "slowly" inching. Pretty boring but I had a little scare at the end of the 2nd little race I was going to shift from 3rd to 4th and hit 2nd instead (probably the dumbest thing I have ever done, and saw the RPM's jump to 9K!!!!! awwww!!! my poor motor, I pressed the clutch in right away so I am thinking I may have gotten away with it, drove the car another 10 miles or so and everything seemed fine, even got out and listened to it while it was runing with the hood up and everything sounded fine. Car still pulls hard and sounds fine doing it. (crosses fingers and hopes everything is indeed ok). Just wanted to share my run in, and im not claiming I beat the EVO just a pretty even match up and I gave the EVO a run for its money.
    Actually an Evo will loose hp with an Intake with no engine management because of MAS issues, it was dyno proven at AMS with out engine management and with it.
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    It is that stick mid pipe that is killing you. Just to test my theory, I took my rex to the drag strip and switched between a race pipe and the stock mid pipe. The difference was incredible! my times went from 13.89 down to a constant 13.42! that is a huge difference!
    Really? The stock midpipe hurts that much??? I left mine in thinking the sound would be better with the resonator, but geez, maybe that was a mistake!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.