Evo VIII Vs. STI VIDEO
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Evo VIII Vs. STI VIDEO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; May be best to save to your hard drive, I hope that this is not a repost. N-E-Ways this is ...

Evo VIII Vs. STI VIDEO

May be best to save to your hard drive, I hope that this is not a repost.

N-E-Ways this is the 2.0 Scooby, and boy this guy who drives it drifts it at 100+ MPH, and it sure does stick, great video.

Enjoy

http://www.8200rpm.com/stuffvids/Evo8vsWRX%20STI.wmv
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahhhhhaha, tiff jumps right in "his" impretza! Now im even more of a Tiff fan. But god damn that evo does look very well planted in the corners, and im sure our USDM one gets that done w/o AYC. So how far behind is the STi's handling? Springs and a swaybar behind? or coilover behind?

Yo

This is not helping ... watching the two cars run makes me wanna buy an STI even more because of the 6sp tranny. I want a white one but the blue is also looking tempting.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

That track footage was sick.

Man, another example of the people overseas getting the bigger and better cars. That Evo has a 6 speed, more HP and more torque, whats up with that? I am torn between whether I would want a 6 speed or not because you can ride up past 60 in 2nd in the 5 speed Evo which gives you an advantage. When I drove the STi, it was an awesome car but you have to shift to 3rd to hit 60 which will slow your time up, its not a huge gap but one that if you are in a close race would matter. The Evo has slight problems between 3-4 gear which a 6 speed could correct but then you sacrafice the 0-60 times, I don't know.

When Mitsubishi puts out that 270 HP turbocharged AWD Eclipse for 06, we will see what has evolved because I have seen the 2 minute preview video and that car looks sick as hell.

Originally posted by EVOVIII

When Mitsubishi puts out that 270 HP turbocharged AWD Eclipse for 06, we will see what has evolved because I have seen the 2 minute preview video and that car looks sick as hell.
    where do you go to see that?

Originally posted by skyjock41
    I read an article about how the EVO was only going to be produced for a couple years. Then it was going to be re done as a smaller Ford Focus sized car here in the U.S.. I don't know anything about a high horse power turbo Eclipse.
    I did see a futuristic Eclipse (prototype) at some car show.

Im still waiting for the new Dogde Charger with the hemi - that was suppose to be made. But instead they made a turbo neon -front driver (srt-4)

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Go to your nearest Mitsubishi dealer and ask to see it

Are you talking about that concept eclipse that looks all round? I read it has a motor up front and an electric motor in back, but that was just the concept car...

That's a sick ass video.

Dude, that part in the beginning where Tiff just strait out says they're ugly was pretty damn funny.

Originally posted by EVOVIII
    Man, another example of the people overseas getting the bigger and better cars. That Evo has a 6 speed, more HP and more torque, whats up with that? I am torn between whether I would want a 6 speed or not because you can ride up past 60 in 2nd in the 5 speed Evo which gives you an advantage. When I drove the STi, it was an awesome car but you have to shift to 3rd to hit 60 which will slow your time up, its not a huge gap but one that if you are in a close race would matter. The Evo has slight problems between 3-4 gear which a 6 speed could correct but then you sacrafice the 0-60 times, I don't know.
    Going a bit off topic, but let's think about this from a real world perspective. You claim it's an advantage to go up past 60 mph in 2nd in the 5 speed Evo. That's only an advantage when posting 0-60 times in a test done for magazine and advertising purposes. If one car has to shift to 3rd at 58 mph and the other has to shift to 3rd at 62 mph, they are both even again by the time they hit 63 mph because they both will have shifted twice by that point. Sure, one car will hit 60 mph a fraction of a second sooner because of the time spent to shift the other car into 3rd, but there is no real advantage on the street, aside from counting the gearing advantage that will come from the car with the more aggressive gear ratios that would come with the 6 speed.

If the torque curve is broad enough, then a vehicle can be as fast (or faster) by having fewer gears, like the 2 speed PowerGlides that are used by a number of V-8 "strip only" cars with high stall torque converters. BUT, those guys and gals set it up for 1/4 mile runs, and not street driving. For regular street and road course driving, a 6 speed with proper gear ratios will be superior (and faster) than a 5 speed with proper gear ratios unless you happen to only run to a predetermined speed that would handicap the 6 speed with an extra shift.

I gotta wait until I get home from work to see the video, sounds like it'll be worth the wait.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

the shifter feel and... vicky...

hahahahaha

course driving, a 6 speed with proper gear ratios will be superior (and faster) than a 5 speed with proper gear ratios unless you happen to only run to a predetermined speed that would handicap the 6 speed with an extra shift.

On a course, a short low speed course, yeah I see how a close ration 6 would have an advantage, totally.
    Last edited by Evilevo8; 03-22-2004 at 10:08 PM.
    Don't believe the life you have
    Will be the only one
    You have to let your body sleep
    To let your soul live on

2006 Evo IX MR

well for those who saw the video... the evo's 6-spd isn't that great ... plus its hell of a lot weaker than the 5-speed in the US...

both cars are so badass!!!!!!!!!
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.