wrx vs chevy silverado (not ss)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wrx vs chevy silverado (not ss) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; a kill..well sorta i'm driving down a local road in southern cali with 2 of my friends and my brother ...

wrx vs chevy silverado (not ss)

a kill..well sorta

i'm driving down a local road in southern cali with 2 of my friends and my brother in the car......doing about 50 (in a 45 zone)...i'm driving sorta fast but not gunning it all the way....i see a z4 ahead of me so i shift into 4th and lay off the gas....the guy next to me is some guy in his chevy silverado with his buddy.....my car blows off and this guy guns his car....i didn't pay much attention but my buddy noticed....i go next to him this time and blow off intentionally and he does it again....z4 is still ahead of me so i follow him and go around the z4...i get next to him and the guy rolls down his window and asks me ''what's that whisteling sound??''....of course his being sarcastic and probably thinks i'm some ricer(looks wise my car is stock...performanec wise just mbc which today was set at about 14.5 with downpipe and cai)....my brother rolls down his window and answers him seriously..he tells him its just the turbo spooling and blowing off...the two guys laugh..and he says something like v8's dont need turbo...guy probably didnt even know what a wrx was...at that point i'm annoyed and ahead of us there isn't much traffic and the light is about a 1/4 mile away...were cruising at about 40 i'm in 4th....i downshift to three.......i look over 2 him and his laughing cause it blows off again....i downshift to 2 rev match and start gunning it...he starts gunning it at about the same time....i pull on him pretty damn bad.....my buddy next to me hits the hazard lights.....guy comes over next to me...i told him he just got owned by a 4cylinder....he got pretty upset...i'm not usually cocky about it but this guy was straight out laughing at my car...he gives me a dirty look and as the light turns green i go but not punching it..than he punches it and at about 20 i start hitting it again in 1st gear....than 2nd .....go into 3rd at about 70 i ease off by this time i'm ahead of him....i never thought i would see a v8 chevy do a ricery flyby but he did...he proceeded 2 cute me off and brake check trying to get me to hit him...he swirvs into my lane ...his ahead of me at the next light and there is a car next to him...light turns green and this guy probably using brake gas (since it was auto) is burning out in front of me...while his doing that i go 2 the lane next 2 him but guy goes ..''now that's real power''...i told him his real power car was gonna need some gas after punching that v8 ...i pointed to a gas station up ahead...guy proceeded to cut me off and swirve into my lane..i let him go..i didn't wanna cause an accident....i know i was being an ******* by some of the stuff i said..i just cant stand people laughing at my car and talking crap when they dont know much....plus i respect most cars out there..my buddies and bro had a good laugh about it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would this be somwhere on Glenoaks Blvd., see quite a bit of that on that street. nonetheless, good story, teach those guys in their V8 trucks not to mess with our 4 cylinder turbos.

I traded my wrx in for a v8 silverado(I needed a truck and I missed my wrx everday there after), but for a 5,000 pound truck it could get up and move. I believe the best 0-60 times I have seen on those are around 7.5 seconds. Oh well, I traded the truck in for a jeep and I am happy again.

yeah ...they arent bad...the ss silverado is awd and does 0-60 in the 6's...my friends dad has the regular v8's.....its pretty good.....except i think its top speed is under 100 mph...like 97 from what i remember...its governed...i guess you dont really need to go fast in a truck

Not bad for a pick up truck, that is for sure!
    But they underestimate what the WRX can do. they need to get stomped every now and again.

People like the guy in the truck don't need to be driving...but then again, anyone can get a license.

Reminds me of a kill story a while back where a guy in a truck told someone he had a V8, which meant he had twice the power of the WRX's 4. I guess, in their minds, ignorance is strength.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.