Me vs. E55!!

This is a discussion on Me vs. E55!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; GREAT LORD THAT CAR IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the mass pike last night, merge on and see some bright HIDS behind ...

Me vs. E55!!

GREAT LORD THAT CAR IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the mass pike last night, merge on and see some bright HIDS behind me. He tails me for a while, then I pull over to let him by to see if it was indeed an E55. Sure enough brand spankin new 469hp!!! I follow him through traffic for a while, just normal speeds. The as the road opens up he pulls a little, (i downshift and hammer it just to keep up) I get by him at one point, and as I look down we are doing about 105.... THEN......he fades back about 4 car lengths and wails on it! I have never seen a car this large move so fast! He blows by me at what MUST have been 140, and screams up the road. What a sight and sound!!!!

I just sit there with a huge grin on my face as this maniac flys off. But damn that car is unreal!!!

Yeah its not a me vs. him thing but you would have to be an idiot to try against this guy!!!
    02 aspen white wrx

1/4 ET 13.9

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dunno what has crawled up MB's butt of late, but they are churning out some MONSTERS from the AMG division. The new MB SL600(convertible two seater) is downright assanine. V12 twin turbo, 590...yes FIVE HUNDRED NINETY ft/lbs of torque at 1800 rpm. 0-60 in 3.6....this is a 4500 pound car, 1/4 in 11.9 @ 120mph.

~129k to get into one, but geez....590 ft/lbs at basically a high idle. Couple that with the gizmo-genious that MB is known for and RWD, its trained monkey easy to wring blistering numbers outta this rig. Handles okay, its kind of a pig weight-wise, again tho...it'll stick you in the seat all the way to the 155mph limiter. Bet it hits that HARD.
    2003 WRB Wagon. Vishnu Stage 2(VF30). DBA 5010's/steel lines/Carbotech Bobcat pads, MRT topmount. Tein coilovers, 22/24 mm sways, ALK....I'M DONE!!!!!!

yea, their cars are actually unerrarted from the factory. i believe a stock E55 dynoed at around 430 whp. the v12's are also suppoed to be underrated too, since they share parts with the Maybach, which has 550 hp.

Car and driver said the sl600 does 0-60 in 3.6 but a lot of people dont believe it. i truly dont believe it, people said it was a modded car or something. if it is really 0-60 in 3.6, then the SLR i believe will be slower, which isnt good for MB.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...ight=SL600+3.6

i thought the new sl600 was a non AMG

E55 is a damn sweet car. IMO there is nothing better than a big (super luxerious and comfy) cruising sedan that can run 12's at will. the only draw back is that MB doesnt make manual trannies anymore.

but yeah, all those cars are so sweet. big room, big comfort, big speed, good handling.

e55, M5, rs-6, etc...

I know a guy with an RS6, another sweet car, but I like the styling of the E55 more, too bad its not awd.

I cant wait for the v10 M5!! yyee hhaaww
    02 aspen white wrx

1/4 ET 13.9

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    yea, those cars are insane, but if Im spending 80-130k on a car, I'd better be getting something like that.
    2003 SRT-4

J-H
    I am happy to welcome another member to my club I have gotten my a$$ handed to me sooo many times by these land yatchs, its not even funny. My last one though, was an SL55 AMG (coupe). The note of that engine is narly...

I didn't know they dynoed at 430whp That explains everything...INSANE!

JH

Originally posted by TurboLobster
    i thought the new sl600 was a non AMG
    they arent, he just mistyped, he was probably reffering to the sl55, which makes same hp, but with 516 torque

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Me vs. E55!!

Originally posted by TrekWRX SST
    GREAT LORD THAT CAR IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He blows by me at what MUST have been 140, and screams up the road.!
    i love a guy that ain't afraid to get on it
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I heard the CL 65 AMG is supposed to have in upwards of 700 ft-lb to the wheels. What a waste. An automatic luxury car with that much power...I'd rather have a few vettes or a gt3 and a suby.
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

Originally posted by TrekWRX SST

I cant wait for the v10 M5!! yyee hhaaww
    ORGASMIC!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by BassMan097
    I heard the CL 65 AMG is supposed to have in upwards of 700 ft-lb to the wheels. What a waste. An automatic luxury car with that much power...I'd rather have a few vettes or a gt3 and a suby.
    According to Car and Driver, Mercedes actually had to dumb down the torque electronically, or somehow. If not, the engine could produce something more like mid-800lb-ft of torque or 900lb-ft.... Something even more insane than what it's rated at. They say it was to save the transmission. If I find the article, I'll post the real numbers.

I remember thinking, "Mercedes are weaksauce because they're autos." Hahahaha... What a fool I was.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

Originally posted by bmms8
    yea, their cars are actually unerrarted from the factory. i believe a stock E55 dynoed at around 430 whp. the v12's are also suppoed to be underrated too, since they share parts with the Maybach, which has 550 hp.

Car and driver said the sl600 does 0-60 in 3.6 but a lot of people dont believe it. i truly dont believe it, people said it was a modded car or something. if it is really 0-60 in 3.6, then the SLR i believe will be slower, which isnt good for MB.

It does not. I have a friend who has one and a 911 Turbo. He's run them next to each other, and the Turbo is faster. He was quite disappointed that his SL600 didn't live up to the hype.
    From a stop and from a roll, the SL600 could not keep up. It's too much of a pig I guess.

It is a monster, but it's not as fast as they claim.
    Scott in Houston